Sorry for the lack of updates. For 5 days (day 12 – Day 17) I was on mandatory bed-rest with Cellulitis (deep tissue infection similar to flesh eating bacteria) from a tick bite. I had to have my leg elevated and it was swollen and in an excruciating amount of pain. Definitely, hands-down, the most painful thing I have experienced in my life…
THAT’S NO EXCUSE! I didn’t give up. I still stayed on my diet and lifted weights!!!! My wonderful in-laws came over for 5 days and helped take care of me since my husband had to go on a business trip. They watched the kids, did the cooking, cleaned the house and were overall, very helpful. I scooted on the floor when I had to get around since I couldn’t put pressure on my leg at all. I looked pretty ridiculous scooting on my butt, with my leg in the air. So needless to say, my arms got QUITE a workout!
I only lost 1 pound whilst sitting on my butt for 5 days, but that’s better than gaining a pound!!! As soon as I got up and started moving around again, I lost another pound and here I am! Down to 120lbs! Oh hallelujah!
I’ve lost 8 pounds and I finally fit into my favorite size 4 shorts! I look great in a dress! I feel confident in my clothes now! My arms are toned and not pudgy anymore! I have a WAIST! And I have no boobs!!!!!! Oh wait… that’s not a good thing. Oh well, that’s why they make push up bras I suppose.
I am so excited about my weight loss so far! It has made a HUGE difference in the way I feel about myself and the way I fit into all my clothes. I don’t look like a super model and I’m not yet ready for a bikini, but I am a lot more confident than I was a month ago. I’ve lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months and I’ve lost over 20 pounds since this time last summer. It’s so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best of all, I reached goal #1!!! I wanted to get down to 120lbs so I could focus on just the “last 5 pounds”. I am so excited to have met my first goal. Hallelujah!
Weight Loss Chart
Starting Weight: 128 lbs
Goal Weight: 114 lbs
- Day 1 – I weighed in at 127.8 lbs (12 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 2 – I weighed in at 125.0 lbs (10 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 3 – I weighed in at 124.2 lbs (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 4 – I weighed in at 124.2 lbs (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 5 – I weighed in at 123.2 lbs (8 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 6 – I weighed in at 123.2 lbs (8 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 7 – I weighed in at 124.0 lbs (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 8 – I weighed in at 124.6 lbs (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 9 – I weighed in at 124.0 lbs (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 10 – I weighed in at 123.2 lbs (8 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 11 – I weighed in at 123.4 lbs (8 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 12 – I weighed in at 122.0 lbs (7 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 13 – I weighed in at 121.8 lbs (6 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 14 – I weighed in at 121.6 lbs (6 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 15 – I weighed in at 121.6 lbs (6 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 16 – I weighed in at 121.8 lbs (6 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 17 – I weighed in at 121.8 lbs (6 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 18 – I weighed in at 120.8 lbs (5 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 19 – I weighed in at 120.6 lbs (5 lbs over goal weight)
(Click here to read about the 4 Phases of the Dukan Diet.)
I keep measuring my waist, hips and thighs but I’m not seeing a huge loss in those area… I lost like 2 1/2 inches around my waist, 2 inches around my hips and a little less than an inch off each thigh. My thighs still need some work… And I swear, I’m going to do Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred as soon as I feel better.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you are also are trying to lose weight, as I would love to offer some encouragement! It’s so much easier if you have people supporting your efforts rather than sticking fried food and ice cream in your face!!! (Remember misery loves company…) And that goes both ways! lol
Head to your local book store or go to Amazon.com and get a copy of The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever and The Dukan Diet Cookbook: The Essential Companion to the Dukan Diet.
Please feel free to ask me questions about the diet, my weight loss, etc! I’d love to hear from you if you are taking the time out of your day to read about my diet. You can also bookmark Dukan Diet to stay updated on my weight loss as I go along! :-)
Disclaimer: I received the Dukan Diet book, the Dukan Cookbook, Dukan Organic Oat Bran, Dukan Stevia and Dukan Cocoa Powder to review on The Fashionable Housewife. I have NOT received compensation for posting about the diet! Posting about my weight loss is entirely my choice. I am not being paid to review the Dukan Diet or to lose weight. (Unfortunately!) This is raw footage into my personal weight loss experience, I just received the books and a couple Dukan products to “review” which is helping me on my own personal journey. Please email me or leave a comment if you have any questions/concerns!