In the winter time, the common cold germs are EVERYWHERE and the last thing we want is to be running around with our kids or heading off to work sneezing and coughing.
Nobody likes getting sick but I think us moms avoid it more than anybody becaause we know it can ruin an entire month of our life if we have several kids and every person in the house takes turns getting the cold. It sucks!!
Thankfully, there are ways to avoid geting sick besides staying locked in your house until spring. Cold-EEZE was kind enough to share their top 5 tips on how to actually stay healthy this winter and it’s easier than you think! Just change a few things in your lifestyle, add a couple new habits and boost your immune system. You’ll be good to go!
Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy’s
Top 5 Tips to Stay Healthy This Winter
- Don’t touch eyes, nose and mouth. It’s inevitable; we are going to come into contact with germs! But we can protect ourselves from illness if we stay away from touching our eyes, nose and mouth. Germs enter the body through these membranes, so avoiding contact is beneficial for staying healthy.
- Continue to wash your hands. One of the most important and best ways to stay healthy and avoid the flu in 2015 is to wash your hands regularly. It is recommended to wash for a full 20 seconds to keep those germs at bay. Rule of thumb: sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song twice and you’re good to go!
- Don’t spread germs. Keeping germs to yourself is crucial in keeping you and everyone you come in contact with healthy. Aside from washing your hands, when you have the sniffles and have to sneeze, sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of your sick germs.
- Eat healthy. Having a balanced and nutritious diet helps strengthen your immune system and avoid getting sick in the first place. Look for your favorite fruits and veggies at the grocery store and avoid overly processed foods (avoid it if it comes in a box!) that can make you feel run down and tired.
- Increase zinc intake. Zinc has been clinically proven to reduce the duration of the common cold by nearly half. Products like Cold-Eeze Immune Support Plus Energy Quickmelt Tablets contain zinc gluconate as well as elderberry, peppermint and licorice to help shorten your cold AND help relieve symptoms.
Seriously, I swear by this stuff. No need to convince me. I already know first hand that it works fast and it’s effective. My mom loves Cold-EEZE products too. If I even hint that I don’t feel well, she’s all up in my face with “Where’s your Cold-EEZE?! Are you taking it?! Do you need me to buy you more?!”
Luckily, you can pick up Cold-EEZE products where you shop most often! Find it in Walmart and Target as well as drugstores and grocery stores around the country.