New year, new you! Or new me rather. It’s time for me to do the Dukan Diet again because of baby #4!
I got pregnant with my 4th child in August 2016 before completing Dukan Diet Round 2. I got down to 120lbs, 10 pounds away from my goal and I did not get to complete the consolidation phase of the Dukan Diet, which is CRITICAL, so as soon as the morning sickness hit me and I started eating carbs to settle my stomach, I very quickly started gaining the weight back.
I ended up gaining the most I’ve ever gained with a pregnancy this time. I weighed 177 pounds the day before I gave birth!!
Unlike the last three times I gave birth, I only lost 20 pounds within 2 weeks of giving birth instead of 30 pounds. This left me very unhappily at 156 lbs, 10 pounds heavier than I’ve ever been non-pregnant. None of my clothes fit me and I felt worse than I ever have about my body. I was so big that 90% of my maternity clothes didn’t even fit!
I normally wait till my babies are about 18 months old and they are only breastfeeding at night before I attempt to change my diet. My milk supply was really finicky with my first child so it made me too nervous to jeopardize it in an effort to lose weight. However, this time I just couldn’t wait. I don’t even fit into my “fat clothes” and I’m constantly preoccupied with how horrible I feel in my own skin.
So January 1st, I decided it was time to buckle down and do The Dukan Diet, round 3! I’m going to attempt to keep my milk supply up with Milkflow and Milk Machine from Euphoric Herbals, which I’ve had great success with before. Fingers crossed! (And stay tuned for posts about introducing solids and homemade baby food!)
I lost 20 pounds in 2 months on The Dukan Diet back in 2012, and then I lost 20 pounds in 2016, so I know I can be successful on this diet again. This time I need to lose at least 35 pounds which seems insurmountable right now but I have to do it. For me.
TFH’s Round 3 of The Dukan Diet
On January 1st, 2018, I started the Attack Phase of The Dukan Diet. My starting weight was 150 lbs. My New Year’s Resolution is to get in shape, eat healthy, and get down to at least 120 lbs by May 1st.
Ideally, I’d like to get down to 115 lbs but Dukan calculated my “True Weight” as 117 lbs based on my age and the number of children I’ve had. Click here to calculate your true weight.
Starting Weight: 150 lbs
Goal Weight: 115 lbs
Trying to Lose: 35 pounds
Please take note that I am a PETITE 5’2″ small framed girl
and I have weighed between 100 and 110 lbs most of my adult life
(excluding during pregnancy and while breastfeeding).
*My doctor has approved my weight loss goal!
- Day 1 – I weighed in at 150.2 lbs (35 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 2 – I weighed in at 148.4 lbs (33 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 3 – I weighed in at 146.6 lbs (31 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 4 – I weighed in at 145.7 lbs (30 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 5 – I weighed in at 146.2 lbs (31 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 6 – I weighed in at 144.6 lbs (29 lbs over goal weight)
- Day 7 – I weighed in at 145.5 lbs (30 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 2 – 142.2
- Week 3 – 139.8
- Week 4 – 138.2
- Week 5 – 136.2
- Week 6 – 135.4 (20 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 7 – 134.0
- Week 8 – 132.9
Making progress! 17 more pounds to go!
- Week 9 – 132.7 (cheated 2x this week!)
- Week 10 – 131.2 (16 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 11 – 130.4 (15 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 12 – 128.2 (13 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 13 – 128.8 (cheated on Easter – ate carrot cake and chocolate!)
- Week 14 – 128.2 (still 13 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 15 – 127.2 (12 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 16 – 126.6 (11 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 17 – 126.2 (still 11 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 18 – 125.6 (10 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 19 – 125.2 (10 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 20 – 125.0 (10 lbs over goal weight)
Only 10 more pounds to go!
- Week 21 – 124.6 (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 22 – 124.2 (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 23 – 123.6 (8 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 24 – 122.4 (7 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 25 – 122.2 (7 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 26 – 121.6 (6 lbs over goal weight)
Only 6 more pounds to go!
- Week 27 – 123.6 (8 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 28 – 123.4 (8 lbs over goal weight)
Only 6 more pounds to go!
- Week 29 – 121.6 (6 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 30 – 124.8 (9 lbs over goal weight) (Got my first post-pregnancy period.)
- Week 31 – 124.8 (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 32 – 124.2 (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 33 – 124.4 (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 34 – 124.6 (9 lbs over goal weight)
- Week 35 – 126.8 (11 lbs over goal weight) (Got my second period)
- Week 36 – 124.8 (9 lbs over goal weight)
9/10/2018: Apparently, my body is a little confused about what it’s doing now. It’s not responding to dieting or exercise, and it’s not having a regular 28 day menstrual cycle like I normally would after getting my cycle back, so I’m not sure what to do at this point! I’m pretty frustrated and would like to lose more weight but my body seems to have really put the breaks on that.
11/27/2018: I got really fed up of sitting at 124 lbs so I started exercising 8 weeks ago with Gilad (he’s my absolute favorite thing in the world). I’ve lost 6 pounds in 8 weeks and I feel GREAT!
I mean, just look at those arms, eh?! I don’t know about you but I just feel super duper when my arms look good. That alone makes me feel thinner than I am. I’m actually down to 118.6, just one pound away from my “Dukan Diet True Weight” and 3 pounds away from my personal goal. It’s so close I CAN TASTE IT!
Disclaimer: I received complementary copies of the Dukan Diet book, The Dukan Cookbook, The Dukan Diet Made Easy book as well as a box of Dukan Organic Oat Bran and Dukan Cocoa Powder to review on The Fashionable Housewife. I am not being paid to do The Dukan Diet! Posting about my weight loss is entirely my choice. I chose to blog about my personal weight loss experience in order to help others. Please email me or leave a comment if you have any questions!