The milkmaid braids trend almost made a hit in 2007 and then again in 2008, but never really took off and got really popular. It looks like this time around though, it’s going to catch on. Not only did we see this hairstyle in the Lela Rose spring 2009 show, but we’re seeing it on countless celebrities already!
This cute flirtatious and sexy hair-do is easy and versatile. This style is also perfect for getting long hair up and out of your face for summer. With the promise of warm days ahead, you can start practicing now so you’ll have this style just right for once the weather gets nice! Check out the tips below on how to perfect this cute hairstyle.
How Do I Do It?
- Shampoo and condition hair as normal
- Towel dry lightly and apply a smoothing anti-friz serum to help prevent too many flyaways and control frizz.
- Part hair down the center with a comb and blow dry hair straight with a hair dryer with a diffuser
- Part hair again, creating two separate pieces on either side of your head.
- Secure each side with no-slip elastics just behind your ears.
- Braid each side, careful not to do it too loose or too tight.
- Bring the right one up and over your head and secure with bobby pins
- Continue by bringing the left braid up and over the top of your head, being careful to tuck the elastic underneath so it doesn’t show.
- Secure both sides with bobby pins the best you can so it doesn’t come loose.
- Spray all over with an anti-humidity hair spray
to reduce the amount of wispiness and frizz.
If you need some visual instructions on how to create this look, check out this video:
Stay tuned all this week for more trends and hairstyles!!!