It’s not always necessary to get dressed up and look pretty… sometimes, it’s best to just go all out and wear something fun and fabulous! One trend that’s pulling ahead big time is splatter paint clothing. Sure, you can go buy the clothes, or make your own with a sewing pattern, but then what will you be taking your aggressions out on?
This is one of my favorite DIY ideas because of three things:
1. It’s so easy to do
2. You can get the kids to help (so long as you don’t mind the added mess)
3. It’s extremely cheap!
Here’s what you need:
1. A t-shirt or tank top (best best is that if it’s old, it’s white and super clean. Bleach it out if you need)
2. Fabric Paint of any color (You can go simple and only do one, or get creative and add multiple colors… it’s all up to you)
3. A toothbrush (but one you can throw out after you’re done. Don’t blame me if you destroy your SoniCare!) or medium-sized paint brushes. It really depends on how defined you want your paint splatters.
4. Newspaper or tarp to protect anything you don’t want paint on.
I’m not sure you even need me to give you a step-by-step but… take your paint, put it on the toothbrush/paint brush, and splatter it onto the t-shirt. Let dry. Wash. Wear.
And voila! You’ve got a fun and trendy item to add to your wardrobe! Here’s how I wear my paint splatter tee:
But you can wear yours however you’d like. Splatter a dress, or a pair of jeans (if you’re doing jeans, splatter them in bleach… it will give you a better look)… the only limit here is your own imagination!
To see more of Jaime’s work, check out DenimDebutante.com.