Whether you love or hate the NFL, odds are you’ll be watching the big game on February 7th (here’s a little football trivia: this is the latest Super Bowl ever played.) and the best way to do that?
By looking good, of course! But, in a sea of guacamole, dips and pizza, you need to find a great outfit to wear that still keeps you comfortable. Here are a couple of recommendations for you to try out for this year’s game:
1. Jeans: I’m a big proponent of denim every day (I know that many of you can’t wear jeans to work, but I got very lucky finding a job that allows that. I love working for internet companies!), but it’s particularly important when you’re lounging around. But don’t grab your tightest skinnies! You’ll be snacking all day, so jeans that fit comfortably (you don’t want to go too loose, especially if you want to keep that snack attack in check) are your best bet. A great, comfy splurge brand: Current/Elliott. Cheaper option: Anoname.
2. Fitted T-Shirts: It’s so easy to just lean back on a sweatshirt and go for a comfortable-sloppy look, but you’ll feel more confident by wearing a figure-flattering t-shirt. Many great brands like Michael Stars, Ella Moss, Splendid and others offer you a cute, yet cozy option that will help you say no to the sweatshirt.
3. Cute Flats: I can honestly say that I never wear sneakers (I haven’t worked out in about five years, but that’s another post!), so finding a stylish, every day flat is important for me… but not as important as it should be for you on game day. You’re not going to want heels (all that jumping up and down when your team scores makes for a lot of foot pain in stilettos) and there’s nothing flattering about a pair of sneakers. Two of my favorite sites for snagging fabulous flats? Aldo.com and NineWest.com. Both are extremely well-priced and very on-trend – two must-haves for game day!
4. Spanx: I can’t say this enough: It’s worth it to keep everything sucked in… especially with all the munching you’ll be doing! Underneath a great pair of jeans and a stylish tee, Spanx, Yummie Tummie or any other slimming undergarments are your best friend. Have a favorite brand? Tell us about it!
5. Accessories: You’re going to be jumping up and down… chandelier earrings, while gorgeous, are NOT going to do you any good. My recommendation? Simple earrings and a small necklace. No more (but less would be okay, too) than that is necessary. I know that if the Colts make it, my college roommate will be rocking a Peyton Manning necklace. Me? I’ll just be wearing some bangles. It’s like having your own cheering section at home.
So, whomever you’re cheering for, make sure you look great (and picture-ready… you never know who will be busting out a camera) with these simple steps!
For more of Jaime’s work, check out DenimDebutante.com.