Labor Day is September 7th this year which is right around the corner!
Seafood dishes are great for Labor Day parties to celebrate the end of summer. Try out these incredibly easy-to-make dishes that take just a few steps. Your guests can enjoy them on a plate or grab them on the go. These three recipes will add a touch of class to your Labor Day party without you having to spend lots of time cooking or cleaning up.
Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich
To make this luxuriously simple crowd-pleaser, all you’ll need are four ingredients and a George Foreman grill (or another type of sandwich press). First, choose high-quality bread, like traditional New England Anadama bread that’s hearty enough to hold everything inside and slightly sweet to add more flavor to your sandwich. Next, go for a cheese like Gruyère, which has a creamy, nutty flavor to complement the lobster. If you choose another cheese, you can add a little nutmeg to it to get this flavor.
Make sure you’ve pre-cooked your lobster, or order a steamed lobster for the day of your party. Break the lobster meat into good-sized portions and sprinkle a little cayenne over the top. Butter the bread, put your sandwiches together, grill, and serve.
Grilled Oysters With Fennel Butter
Cook delicious oysters right on your backyard grill. Heat the grill to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Blend together 1 cup softened butter, 1 tsp. ground fennel seeds, 1 tbsp. ground shallots, 1 tbsp. chopped fennel greens, 1 tsp. pepper, and ½ tsp. salt, and then set aside.
It’s important to use fresh oysters, but this doesn’t mean having to take time away from organizing your party. Simply order your oysters from Lobster Place to make sure you get the freshest oysters available that week, including East and West coast oysters. Arrange the oysters on the grill, cover, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until you hear a hissing sound or see that they begin to open.
Use an oyster knife to pry open each oyster and remove the flat shell. Place a ½ tsp. of the fennel butter mix on top of each oyster. Place the oysters back on the grill until the butter melts, and serve immediately.
These tasty treats are easy to make, and your guests will love them. Here is a super easy recipe for making delicious crab cakes like a pro!
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup peanut oil
- Take all the ingredients (except the peanut oil) and mix them together in a large bowl. Next, take small handfuls and shape them into patties. If the patties stick to your hands, brush your hands with some flour. Heat the peanut oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once it’s hot, add the patties and cook for about five minutes on each side or until golden brown. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to cook the patties in rounds to make sure they cook to golden brown on all sides.