Winter is a season, which is awaited for its grandeur with a vacation lifestyle and picnics in the back of everyone’s mind. Though it brings a chill in the air, the young and not so young are thrilled by the various activities, like bonfires, barbeque winter foods.
Travelling to snow-capped tourist destinations with its panoramic views, which are a rarity in our tropical climate. There are a wide array of succulent dishes, which tickles the bud of the young and the old.
The cold, foggy mornings, which makes it very difficult to leave the soft blanket which hugs you, and keeps you warm, and gets on with the regular daily activities, although this experience is heavenly.
Extra rounds of tea and coffee are consumed by everybody, to ward off the cold feeling, after spending your night sleeping blissfully. The beautifully printed shawls, cardigans, and warm clothes create a colorful ambiance which is a treat to the eyes, providing a feel-good factor in everyone
The winter season often causes chapped lips, dry skin, cracked heels requiring moisturisers and the ubiquitous Vaseline, which is being used for a very long time.
There are other medical conditions along with cold, cough and influenza, which have to be attended to because of the cold climate. Senior citizens have to be very careful if they have cardiac ailments, as the cold temperature tends to constrict the blood vessels, often leading to heart attacks. In such instances, medications like Vizylac can come to your rescue.
Pay attention to your lifestyle too. Staying up late at night, working overtime at night, eating food at irregular hours, exposing your body to stress and strain, may prove counterproductive to your health,
These uncalled for activities may cause a severe imbalance in your digestive system. This may play havoc with your body’s immune system. You must spend the winter season by staying warm and healthy.
Nature provides resources to keep your body warm you can add sunshine to cold winters by enjoying a wide range of sumptuous food delicacies, which are available or cooked only in the winters.
We often feel hungry in winter as the cold weather brings down our body temperature, and the body requires extra energy, sourced from the food ingested, to help in the body’s temperature regulating
Winter Foods You Should Eat
Immunity boosting foods, which also provides warmth to the body are those, which are fresh, easily digestible, and wholesome food which gives a feeling of satiety.
- Farm fresh products like meats, cheeses, raw dairy products, cottage cheese, kefir, and local honey provides an awesome advantage to those looking to boost immunity.
- Nuts such as walnuts, almonds along with whole grains and legumes provide the body with wholesome nourishment. It has been documented that vegetables which grow underground and take time to mature are excellent winter foods.
- Dry fruits like dates, sesame seeds and various types of nuts can provide good health benefits in the winter season. Dairy products, lean meat, poultry, fish are known to provide a temperature boost to your body.
- Vegetables which are nutritious, and provide the necessary warmth to your body include winter squash, sweet potatoes, turnips, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, radish, and potatoes. Green leafy vegetables like methi, palak, Sarson ka saag, muli provide delicious cooking options.
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A and a powerful antioxidant. It is available in this season, which can be consumed as a juice or as a favorite sweet dish “Gajar Ka Halwa”.
- Green peas and broad beans which are very high in protein content are available in plenty. Radish(Muli), onions and garlic which are rich in phytonutrients, which act as anti-cancer agents.
- Yams and potatoes are the carbohydrates which boost up your energy levels.
- Leafy greens like celery, radish leaves, methi leaves, palak, and mustard leaves, can be used to prepare awesome food preparations like all methi, palak mutter paneer, and Sarson ka Saag. These leaves can also be used to prepare paranthas of different varieties.
- Whole grain cereals along with lentils are a perfect choice to keep your body warm and savor the delicacies, like”
sheera, halwa, laddoos, and paak” which are exclusive food items made in the winter season.
- Amla or gooseberries are found in abundance during this season which is very rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants. This can be consumed as a juice, or a sweet delicacy termed murabba.
- Dates which are a good source of calcium, magnesium,
fibre, iron, and vitamins provide the much-needed warmth and provides additional energy to your body.
- Spices are a necessity in the winter season to ward off cold and infections.Methi(Fenugreek, ajwain, black pepper, thing are the most used spices in winter cooking, for stimulating appetite and proper digestion, keeping the winter blues away.
- Methi seeds are also very useful in the treatment of diabetes as an adjunct. Turmeric should be used regularly as it helps in countering infections to a great extent.
In the cold winter season, warm clothing, nutritious winter foods for maintaining the body’s immunity and keeping the body’s temperature at an optimal level is a basic requirement.
Since the older generation is immune compromised, they frequently fall sick in the winter season, due to intestinal complications, heart complications, skin diseases, muscle cramps, arthritis, and joint pains.
Children and normal people are also adversely affected with influenza, cold and cough and various respiratory infections.
Medications are to be given to all age groups to keep the body in good condition.
Vizylac capsules containing D-Panthenol, Folic Acid, Lactobacillus sporogenes, Nicotinamide, pyridoxine, riboflavin, and thiamine are the panacea, for a large number of ailments in the winter season especially.
Vizylac has a bountiful of properties, which keeps the intestinal microflora in a balanced form. Vizylac capsules lower blood cholesterol levels help in tissue respiration and fat metabolism.
Vizylac helps prevention of blood clotting by having blood thinning properties. Vizylac relaxes the nerve signals transmitted to the brain.
Vizylac is used to prevent and treat; the following health compromised conditions, which are more prevalent in the winter season.
Vizylac is used to treat Diarrhea in adults and children, prevent clogged arteries thereby preventing heart complications, prevents carpal tunnel syndrome, skin ailments, vaginal discharge following vaginitis.
Vizylac is also used to treat Alzheimer’s disease treating anaemias of nutritional origin and those of megaloblastic anaemias.
Arthritis, Vitamin B3 deficiency, cancer of the cervix, migraine attacks, mental abnormalities, heart diseases, sunburns, and muscle cramps are also treated successfully with Vizylac.
Read More About: Get Full body check up upto 50% discount