Get ready ladies, it’s time to wear WHITE! Forget the fashion rule of not wearing white before Memorial Day. T.J.Maxx & Marshalls conducted a little survey and found out that women of today actually dig their white clothes out of their closet before mid May.
The official results from T.J.Maxx & Marshalls are in…
- It’s not shocking that waiting for the unofficial start of summer to wear white is a long gone fashion rule – 63% of women agreeing with this.
- However, it’s not about the season, it’s about the temperature!
- In fact, 61% of women start to wear white when the temperature is between 55° and 76° or higher.
- The top three white clothing items and accessories women are most excited to wear in ranked order are tanks, dresses and shoes. (We can share the full ranking of clothing categories.)
9% of women wear white when the temperature reaches 55°-65°
52% of women start to wear white when the thermometer reaches 66° or higher
39% of women wear white year-round regardless of the temperature
So that’s it’s, ladies! It really is time to break out your hot summer whites! Thankfully, T.J.Maxx & Marshalls has you covered if you want to start shopping for white tops, jeans and accessories! Find all the latest, on-trend designer clothing and accessories at your local T.J.Maxx & Marshalls. You’ll find everything you need from white dresses and casual white tank tops, to staple denim pieces in white and shoes too.
Stay tuned for what to wear with all your favorite pieces! White is the most versatile color to work with for spring and summer, so rest assured you will get a lot of wear out of any white pieces you invest in.
Be sure to care for all your hot summer whites with Clorox 2® Stain Fighter & Color Booster!
Tips to Pre-Treat Your White Laundry
White is a hard color to keep clean, especially if you have children! The best way to keep your whites in tip top shape is to care for them correctly. If your favorite white shirt gets hit with marinara sauce or your morning coffee, immediately pre-treat the stains with Clorox 2® Stain Remover and Color Booster Liquid Laundry Detergent!
Here are a few tips to follow to keep your favorite white clothes, bright and clean!
- Treat stain as soon as possible! If home, take the article of clothing off immediately and treat it with a small amount of Clorox 2® Stain Remover and Color Booster. The sooner you treat the stain, the more likely you are to get rid of it. Be sure to keep a Clorox Bleach Pen with you when you leave the house so you can pretreat stains on the go!
- When blotting out large stains, use a white wash cloth or dish towel to prevent color transfer. Be sure to blot from the edge of the stain to keep it from spreading further.
- Apply a small amount of Clorox 2® to the stain and rub it in gently. Wait about 3-5 minutes, then quickly wash the article of clothing as directed on the care label, in the warmest water recommended. You can use your favorite detergent if you wish, just add a bit of Clorox 2® to the wash to be sure that stain gets removed.
- Never put a stained article of clothing in the dryer! That will just bake the stain right in. If you wash your article of clothing and the stain is not completely gone, pre-treat it and wash it again immediately. Be sure the stain is completely removed before placing the item in the dryer!
- Wash your white or mostly white clothes with Clorox Smart Seek™ Bleach
* Clorox provided products and supplies for this post. All opinions are my own.