Sample Sale sites are amazing ways to access health, beauty, fashion and lifestyle items that normally would be out of our (okay, my) reach, and they’re priced to make these luxuries an easy and fun way to add some more glam and style to your lifestyle.
Over the next few days, I’ll be sharing with you my top five sample sale sites for a couple of different genres (including beauty, accessories and more), but I thought that we’d start with the one that gets most people hooked: Fashion.
5. Rue La La: one of the original sample sale sites, Rue La La has done a great job of growing with their fan base. They have a couple of issues that lead them to be listed at number five (extremely slow shipping, higher prices and minimal quantities which equal fast sellouts) but the site has been known to get some amazing brands that the others can’t touch.
4. Hautelook: Flexible shipping costs is the name of Hautelook, and it’s one of the reasons they’re so fabulous. Their ship time is slightly faster than Rue La La, and they have a fun assortment of fashion options for men, women and children (I’ve even seen some pet fashions, too!). Hautelook tends to have the most sales listed daily… usually around 14 total.
3. ideeli: Because of past experiences with ideeli (and some amazingly stellar buys that I’ve come across), they land at number three. I’ve heard of some issues with the company but, other than extended shipping times (yes, you have to be very, VERY patient with most of these sample sale sites… but the price is worth the wait!), I haven’t encountered them. I shop almost exclusively from their ideeli red sales, because they tend to have the best markdowns.
2. Billion Dollar Babes: I got hooked on BDB after a couple of awesome denim sales, and I’ve found some amazing steals on the site (like a pair of $242 Current/Elliott jeans for under $30!). Slow shipping is a given, but they can have some amazing prices. Usually, Billion Dollar Babes only hosts new sales three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) with three sales each… wish they had more!
1. Gilt Groupe: How many of you are surprised that Gilt made number one? … none of you? Oh. Well, there’s a reason for that. Gilt is the best in the business because of two things: great selection and great prices. Another big bonus that has happened more recently? Their shipping costs, while high, are actually paying for shipping, because you can get your stuff quickly. I’ve been known to receive same week deliveries from Gilt. And, with their expansion into Gilt Fuse (a more affordable Gilt), Gilt Man and a few others, they just keep rising.
Do you agree with this list, or think there’s a site that got left out? Any sites you haven’t tried yet… or have a personal favorite? Share it with me in the comments or by email… you can decide who really takes the cake!
To see more of Jaime’s work, check out DenimDebutante.com.