Everywhere I go, every magazine page I turn and every website I visit is all about Breast Cancer Awareness. October 1st officially kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness month. I usually don’t like to go along with what everyone else is doing but in this case I feel that this topic is too important not to be addressed. We all know someone or have a friend or relative that has been hit with this awful disease. I am lucky enough to have my mom be among one of the breast cancer survivors. We are all not so lucky. I didn’t have to look past my email inbox to find a few companies that are donating a percentage of their sales towards the fight against breast cancer. Below you will find some of those companies.
1. Bloomingdales has created a “Little Pink Book” where any item purchased in their Little Pink Boutique will go toward a minimum donation of $75,000 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Shop in Stores or Online.
2. Sea Bags has a cute bag with the pink breast cancer ribbon. 50% of the proceeds will go to the Maine Cancer Foundation.
3. Estee Lauder is offering several limited edition products. The purchase of any of the limited edition products will help Estee Lauder donate $500,000 towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. Avon Locket Necklace for $5.00 (plus shipping) on Amazon. $3.66 of each locket purchased will be donated to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.
5. Forever Love is a personal favorite of mine. My cousin, Donna Mavrides, wrote this book in memory of both her husband and her sister who both passed away as result of cancer. This book does a great job of explaining to children about the frightening topic of cancer. Proceeds will be donated to cancer research.
Remember every purchase you make from one of these companies will result in money being donated towards a great cause.