If you are looking for THE coolest car seat on the face of the earth, look no further than the Clek Oobr Special Edition tokidoki Booster Seat!!
My 7 year old daughter has a few friends her age that are no longer in car seats or boosters, so she started complaining about having to use a booster seat when we travel. “I’m not a baby! I don’t want to sit in a car seat!” she kept telling me. Well, tough cookies!!! For me, this was not a negotiable item since my petite girl only weighs 41 pounds and could technically still be rear facing in certain car seats!
Thankfully, we discovered Clek who was generous to let us test out their Oobr Booster Seat in their LIMITED EDITION tokidoki prints!
My daughter is HUGE fan of anything tokidoki. She has everything from shirts to handbags with tokidoki on it. So naturally, when the Oobr Booster Seat arrived on our doorstep and we pulled it out of the box, she went ballistic! Praise the Lord – a solution to our monotonous arguments!
My daughter looooves this booster seats and has no complaints about getting into it as she feels this is a “cool girl” big girl booster. (I may or may not have really hyped up that part…)
*NOTE headrest is too low and we have adjusted it and will update this post with new pictures shortly!!
The booster seat was incredibly easy to install in our SUV thanks to the rigid latch system. Just click it in and you’re done!
This is a fairly slim booster seat, but it was still slightly challenging to get my two convertible car seats and this booster all in the backseat of my small SUV. We managed to make it work though!
Snapped a pic with my iPhone after I got all 3 car seats installed and was about to buckle everyone in!
* Yes, I am aware they are not buckled! I was in the process of doing that when I decided to snap a pic!
This type of seating arrangement would not work with just any vehicle, so keep that in mind. Feel free to hit me up with questions if you are wondering how to get three car seats in a small vehicle!
Because of our tight squeeze, we are not able to use the cool cupholder that attaches to the Oobr Booster, but hopefully once I get a mini van, we can utilize that extra added attraction. I know my daughter would really appreciate it!
The 2014 tokidoki for Clek Oobr is Clek’s no-compromise fullback booster seat with revolutionary safety technology, innovative convenience features, and it’s recyclable. The Clek Oobr is built just like the seat in your car but sized for your child. Its metal sub-structure and unique recline feature bring new “firsts” to booster seating. Clek has an exciting collaboration with Los Angeles-based fashion and lifestyle brand tokidoki. Together, the innovative brands have collaborated on a series of one-of-a-kind prints influenced by tokidoki’s larger-than-life designs and characters.
Learn more at www.clekinc.com/oobr and www.facebook.com/clekinc
Oobr Booster Features
- Full back booster seat that grows with the child, launched in 2009
- Listed as an IIHS “Best-Bet” in vehicle seat belt placement for four consecutive years
- For children 40 -100 lb.
- Advanced Side-Impact Protection: (Oobr was designed to protect the child’s head in a side-impact collision through: 1) Adjustable Headrest with Deep Side Wings 2) Energy-Absorbing Foam Layers: 3) Rigid Sub-Structure and Rigid-Latch provides stability in a collision
- A reclining seat back which keeps the child comfortable and safe during naps.
- Rigid-Latch ensures proper installation with an audible “click”
- Tailored in Crypton® Super Fabrics which are GREENGUARD Select Certified
- Available online at https://shop.clekinc.com/ and at select retailers. Also available in “drift” (non- Crypton® Fabric) at Babies R Us
- The 2014 product line is free of bromine-based and chlorine-based flame retardants as per a study with HealthyStuff.org.
Learn more here www.clekinc.com/oobr/
Both my daughter and I are really pleased with the Clek Oobr Booster Seat and highly recommend it! Thank you to Clek for letting us try out this amazing seat. It made our lives a lot easier. My daughter thinks she’s the coolest kid in town now!! And actually, she is.
Price: Clek’s Oobr Seats retail from $249.99 to $349.99, leather edition is $549.99