We decided to take on the tändaZAP zit-zapper and see if it actually works.
This breakthrough hand held, pocket-sized device is perfect for the social butterfly who doesn’t have time to worry about blemishes and pimples. With the power of three proven technologies -light, heat and sonic vibration – at your fingertips, the tändaZAP is clinically proven to clear or fade acne blemishes in 24 hours. No pain. No dryness. No irritation. And best of all, no pimple. Think of this as the answer to all your pimple prayers!
I used it several times over several weeks and this is my assessment…
- Compact size that you can take with you.
- Reduces redness
- Faces acne in 1-5 days
- Affordable solution to zap select zits
- Doesn’t zap EVERY pimple. Some go, some stay.
- Blazes through batteries like no tomorrow. Arm yourself with a 20 pack of batteries for sure…
- Doesn’t zap MOST pimples in 24 hours
No, it doesn’t clear up acne on your whole face. If you have chronic acne all over your face, don’t bother with this. This product is meant for that one giant zit that shows up out of nowhere and lands in the middle of your chin the day before your wedding. Not for every day acne breakouts that plagues your life.
Most of the time, it seemed to reduce redness within the first 2-3 uses and then by the 4th or 5th use on ONE SINGLE pimple, it would bring it to a head so that it could be popped. So essentially it was making the pimple “ripe” within 48 hours when that might normally take a week or more. In cases like that it definitely reduced the amount of time I was afflicted with the pimple.
On small pimples, it didn’t do a whole lot… I never saw it actually ZAP a pimple… More often it just made it easier to pop, not eliminated it entirely.
It is small and compact though…
From reading the reviews of it on Sephora, I can see most people agree with my assessment of the product is pretty typical. All in all, it’s worth the money (and batteries) if you want some extra protection against living with a giant red zit for a few weeks. It can reduce the amount of time to around 24-48 hours. It’s not a miracle worker though! Don’t expect to be acne free forever amen! If you get an occasional giant zit (like we all do!) then this works great!
* The product for this review was provided to us free of charge for the purpose of product testing. This does not effect our opinion of the products in any way. We only write about products we personally like and use, regardless of how they were acquired.