Summer is finally here and that means that BBQ season is underway! If you aren’t already grilling every weekend, you need to start ASAP! Didn’t you know that July is National Grilling Month?
There are a million scrumptious looking recipes floating around on Pinterest and every Tom, Dick and Harry’s blog, but we found one we think you are specially going to want to try this summer that is made with Bohemia beer.
Brava Steak with Lazy Salsa
· 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
· 4 serrano or 2 jalapeño chiles
· ¼ cup fresh lime juice
· 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, plus more for steaks
· 1 ½ teaspoons salt
· 6 ribeye or strip beef steaks, 1 inch thick and about 8 ounces each
· 1 jar (16 ounces) Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
· ½ cup Bohemia Beer
· Salt to taste
1. Roast garlic cloves and chiles in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until soft and blackened in spots, usually 5 to 10 minutes for chiles and 10 to 15 minutes for garlic. Cool, and then peel garlic.
2. Puree garlic, chiles, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a blender or food processor. Season with salt. Pour into a shallow dish and add steaks. Let marinate steaks for 1 hour at room temperature or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. For the lazy salsa, heat the beer and salsa in a saucepan to a simmer. Cook gently to concentrate slightly, about 3 minutes. Cool and season with salt.
4. Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas to hot. Brush the steaks with oil. Grill the steaks about three or four minutes per side for medium rare. Serve with lazy salsa.
- ½ oz. fresh-squeezed orange juice or half an orange
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 ½ oz. Sobieski Vodka
- ¼ oz. lime juice
- Dash orange bitters
- Wheat beer
- Orange twist
- Muddle half an orange and combine with 1 teaspoon Sriracha.
- Add Sobieski Vodka, lime juice and orange bitters.
- Shake and strain into a martini glass or pour over ice in a highball or beer stein.
- Top with a wheat beer and garnish with orange twist.