We all want to look our very best when we’re at the beach. After all, isn’t that when we’re most watched?
… maybe not, but it sure does feel that way, doesn’t it? While I haven’t gotten a new bikini in about two years, I’m definitely in the market for something new this season… and one of these trends fits right in for me! These are the top five swim trends for Spring/Summer 2010.
1. One Shoulder: This trend will probably be the easiest to find (at least at a great price point!) of the new styles, but for girls like me who need a lot of upper support, I wouldn’t recommend it. I do, however, love the look of this Victoria’s Secret bikini from last year, and I’m hoping they’ll recreate something similar for 2010!
2. Monokinis: Silly name, but a very sexy piece of swimwear that covers a bit more than your standard bikini! Typically, a Monokini is a bathing suit that has a slim piece of fabric attaching the bust to the bottoms. Why do I love this style? It’s flirty, fun and different from your standard bikini… plus, you can turn heads while wearing MORE bathing suit. Talk about awesome! I like the style of OYE’s “Butterfly Effect Monokini” because it’s fun and sexy… but more comfortable and covering than a basic bikini.
3. Black and White: No, I don’t want you wearing a zebra print bikini (really, don’t do it!), but the two most popular colors coming down the runway for this season aren’t actually colors at all! Black is the perfect sultry bathing suit color (and I’m all for a little extra slimming when I’m in my bathing suit), and white is a bright, fun option for your peachy beachy attitude!
4. Sheer Cover-ups: Okay, so this isn’t exactly a bikini or bathing suit trend, but it is one that is going hand and hand with your favorite looks! Sheer cover ups were ALL over the runway too, and I really think that they’re an easy and effortless way to add a little bit of glam to your beachwear. Grab a pair of oversized sunglasses and a big, floppy hat and you’ll look like you just stepped off a Hollywood set! I found this gorgeous (and totally on-trend!) cover-up on Etsy… and it’s made to order for only $45!
5. Retro Bathing Suits: I’ve seen these on multiple celebs as well as on a few girlfriends of mine, and it’s possibly the most flattering of all the styles. Pin-up cuts, flirty skirts and fun outfits make for a totally amazing look on virtually any woman! I love the Victoria’s Secret Retro Bikini for the imperfection-hiding skirt and generously cut bikini top!
If you’re shopping for a new bikini this season, what style are you going for? I’ll probably be purchasing something along the retro lines. Have any great recommendations for brands or styles that always work for your figure? Share your bikini tips and secrets with us!