Life was so crazy this summer! I gave birth to my 4th child at home in April, my best friend gave birth to her first born in my house last month, we got a dozen more chickens and hatched a few of our own this summer, we went to Story Land and to Lake Winnipesaukee on vacation, built a large wooden swingset, landscaped our backyard, and did several other home projects! Busy, busy, busy!
So needless to say, it’s been extremely hard to get everything done in a day and still have time to cook fancy meals. Thank goodness for Parla Pasta!
Parla Pasta is a small, family-owned and USA operated business that makes pasta using all natural ingredients and a quick freezing process that locks in the flavor and freshness. Parla Pasta is particular about sourcing ALL of their ingredients from vendors that meet their strict guidelines. Because of this, you know you are getting the highest quality frozen pasta available that is made with fresh eggs, real cheese, real meat, and fresh vegetables.
One of the first things you’ll notice when you bite into a Parla Pasta ravioli or tortellini is that they taste fresh like you are in one of the best Italian restaurants around. Being an Italian myself, I know what good pasta is and I was honestly so surprised by how delicious and fresh Parla Pasta tastes.
Their product line includes classics like Cheese Ravioli, Chicken & Spinach Ravioli, Spinach Florentine Ravioli, as well as interesting gourmet flavors like Portabella Mushroom Ravioli, Lobster Ravioli, Asiago Tortellini, Four Cheese Manicotti and Lasagna With Meat Sauce & Cheese. Bellissimo!
I got the opportunity to try out a couple different boxes of Parla Pasta and create a meal for my family to enjoy. Since they were getting sick of macaroni & cheese, burgers on the grill and pizza, a fresh bowl of pasta was a welcome change! I thought that would be the healthiest way to make everyone happy. Since, Parla Pasta is composed of all natural ingredients, it’s the best product in its domain.
Mushrooms were on sale this week so I decided to try out the Portabella Mushroom Ravioli first and create a delicious mushroom cream sauce to go with it. With a needy 4 month old waiting, I couldn’t be too fancy so don’t worry moms, this is a quick and easy recipe to make and the whole family will enjoy it. Yes, even your picky three year old!
I got out all the ingredients for my standard cream sauce, some fresh sliced mushrooms, and I went to work!
I quickly sauteed the mushrooms in a little water while bringing a pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta in. Don’t those mushrooms look delicious?!
Once the water came to a boil, I added kosher salt (salty as the sea my grandmother taught me!) and then carefully added the raviolis to the boiling water.
Gently boil the pasta for 6-7 minutes stirring occasionally. You don’t want to break them and lose the filling. Be careful not to overcook them either! You don’t want them mushy or sticking together! My grandmother always said “al dente!”
Once they are done, gently drain them in a colander. Don’t let them sit too long or they will stick together! You will know they are done if you can cut them in half with your fork.
See those delicious chunks of mushrooms inside the ravioli? Would you believe me if I told you that they are hand-chopped? Legit. All of Parla Pasta’s fillings are hand-chopped by their employees, some of which have been working with Drake’s Fresh Pasta Co. for 20 years! If that doesn’t set them apart from the crowd, I don’t know what will.
Place those delicious little raviolis gently into shallow bowls or plates and cover them with the sauteed mushrooms and cream sauce, then serve. Your family will be amazed and so will you! Parla Pasta is the freshest tasting pasta you can serve at home because it is frozen so quickly that the nutrients are locked in and the product is at its peak. Because of this process, Parla doesn’t use any preservatives like most refrigerated filled pastas do. That means you are serving your family nothing but the best!
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp <a href=”https://rstyle.me/n/csugiij95w” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener” data-mce-href=”https://rstyle.me/n/csugiij95w”>Real Salt</a>
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 quarts of water
- 1 tsp of <a href=”https://rstyle.me/n/csughyj95w” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener” data-mce-href=”https://rstyle.me/n/csughyj95w”>kosher salt</a>
- 1 box <a href=”https://parlapasta.com/products/portabella-mushroom-ravioli/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener” data-mce-href=”https://parlapasta.com/products/portabella-mushroom-ravioli/”>Parla Pasta Portabella Mushroom Raviolis</a>
- Place 2 tbsp of water and sliced mushrooms in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until water is evaporated, approx 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and gently brown the mushrooms.
- Set mushrooms aside when finished cooking.
- With a silicone whisk, mix cream, butter, and flour into a nonstick pan until flour is incorporated.
- Add the parmesan cheese, Real Salt, and black pepper to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium/low heat, stirring continually, until sauce thickens, approx 5-7 minutes.
- Bring 2 1/2 quarts of water to a rapid boil
- Add 1 tsp of kosher salt to boiling water
- Remove pasta from the box and gently place pasta into the boiling water
- Cook on <g class=”gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep” id=”48″ data-gr-id=”48″>slow</g> boil for 6-7 minutes (don’t overcook!)
- Strain pasta in colander and let drain
- Place <g class=”gr_ gr_49 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace” id=”49″ data-gr-id=”49″>raviolis</g> in bowl, add your mushrooms and cream sauce then serve
If you want to make a delicious meal like this for your family, you are in luck! We teamed up with Parla Pasta to offer our guests a fabulous Parla Pasta Prize Package valued at $50 of 6 boxes of Parla Pasta plus additional accessories too!
NOTE: Due to limited availability in Shaws Supermarkets,
this giveaway is only open to those in New England!
(Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island)
Enter To Win
Click here to get a coupon for Parla Pasta!
The Fashionable Housewife was compensated either by free product or payment for hosting this giveaway. All opinions and experiences are my own. Open to the US, must be 18+ to enter. Confirmed Winner(s) will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) is responsible for prize fulfillment and product shipment to winner(s) of the giveaway. This event is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by any social media network. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please contact us if you have any questions.