I’ve never been big on makeup so that’s why I usually post about fashion! I wear makeup, but my makeup routine usually isn’t complicated. Normally I just throw on some foundation to cover the redness and blemishes, and then apply some mascara and eyeliner so I don’t look like I just woke up. I never fuss with lipstick or anything because most days I just wear lip gloss or Burt’s Bees lip balm.
Well lately, I’ve been learning to appreciate how much better I can look with makeup! haha So I’ve been paying more attention to my application, trying new products, and playing around with different looks. In doing so, I’ve gotten a crash course in eyeshadow, which seems to be the most complicated process. What was bugging me even worse is that after I spent all that time applying it, it would all be creased into my eyelid an hour later and looking worse than if I hadn’t applied any eyeshadow at all.
Okay this stuff is aaaaamazing! Why didn’t anyone tell me about this before? It’s like the best kept secret of makeup. Period.
One swipe of this stuff on my eyeslids and my eyeshadow didn’t budge. And by didn’t budge, I mean, I messed up my eyeshadow application and I had a hard time getting it off. That night when I went to wash my face, it wouldn’t come off. I had to get out my Olay Mascara & Makeup Remover to get that stuff off. So needless to say it works really, really well!
I am so impressed with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Eyeshadow Base that I would go as far as to say it’s an absolute makeup must-have. I just don’t know how you could live without it.
Before this stuff, my eyeshadow collected in the crease of my eye after 1 hour. Even if I put powder on my eyelids first and then eyeshadow. I’ve tried everything. That’s why eyeshadow, until now, hasn’t been a part of my daily makeup routine. Now, finally, I can wear eyeshadow without worrying about touching it up every hour. Awesome!
So, here’s a run down of my makeup routine as of late:
1. I wash my face with the new CLARISONIC Skin Care Brush – the latest in skin care technology. It gets my face unbelievably clean and after only 4 days of use, cleared up my acne almost completely. It’s amazing and I highly recommend it, even with it’s steep price tag. If you think about how much money you will save on products to cover up your acne, this totally pays for itself. You’ll never have to worry about clear skin again.
2. I put a light layer of oil-free moisturizer on my face like Pangea Organics French Chamomile And Orange Blossom Face Cream or my favorite (which is discontinued) Biore Shine Control Moisturizer.
3. Then I apply CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup Foundation in “Creamy Natural”. I’m pretty certain that it is the best liquid foundation in the known universe. And believe me, I’ve tried A LOT. With acne and chronic redness being a daily battle, foundation is pretty much a necessity. Nothing covers better, blends perfectly or goes on smooth like TruBlend. And it doesn’t clog my pores so I don’t have to worry about a breakout from wearing it. This is an absolute must-have for me and I highly recommend it to everyone. Even if you think you’ve found the perfect foundation makeup, it’s only $7 so you should at least give it a try. Most drugstores will take it back if you don’t like it or bought the wrong color. I think Walgreens is usually good about taking makeup products back as long as you have a receipt.
4. Next, I dust on a thin layer of Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder with my Eco Tools Powder Brush. I absolutely LOVE both!
First off, Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder sets your foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours. This 100% mineral silica powder softens the appearance of imperfections and gives you a “super model” complexion. I’m mean, seriously… my face has never looked better. It completely evens out my complexion and gives me a glowing, radiant look that I’ve never gotten with any other product. And because it’s virtually translucent, it works on all skin tones.
Now the Eco Tools Powder Brush is great too. It’s soft, applies powder evenly for a flawless look. Plus the handles are made from bamboo, so they are good for the environment. Totally affordable too! This powder brush was only $8.99 and I bought it at Target. You can also get it from your local Ulta and Drugstore.com.
Another powder I like to dust on is PlantLove Baked Illuminator in “Fire”. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I just dust it all over my face and neck for an all-over warmth and glow. It’s made with natural terracotta ingredients and baked for eight hours making the texture easy to blend and natural looking. Plus, it’s infused with natural and organic ingredients, the formula is free of parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, and synthetic dyes and fragrances. Because it’s slightly sparkly, I don’t recommend it for women 45 and older with lines and wrinkles, because it may accentuate those. However it’s great for just an all-over rosy glow if you want to dust it on your neck and chest. Lovely!
5. Now is when I apply a think coat of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Eyeshadow Base to my eyelids. Right from the lash line up into my eyebrows. It applies easily with a small brush and dries quickly.
6. Since I’ve been playing around with different eyeshadow looks lately, I don’t have a daily stand-by quite yet, but I do love the PlantLove Eye Shadow in “Dove”. It’s the perfect gray for creating a daytime smokey eye. I apply it right into the lashline and across my lids with the Eco Tools Eye Shading Brush.
Or for a lighter day-time look, I use a loose, sparkly powder like Benefit Cosmetics Lust Duster in “Big Daddy”, a bronze shimmer, .
7. Another standby in my makeup bag is CARGO Eye Pencil Eyeliner in Black. It’s soft texture allows for easy application without skipping so I get a perfect line everytime. The dark and light brown shades (Brown and Wood) also double as brow pencils.
8. If you know me at all, you know I love and swear by CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara in “Black”. I pretty much don’t use anything else. Once you find the best, why bother trying anything else? I don’t want to waste the money. I’d rather save it and buy another tube of LashBlast!!
9. I dab Jane Iredale In Touch Cream Blush in “Confidence” on the apples of my cheeks and blend in with my finger tips. It’s smooth, smells heavenly, and stays put all day. Plus, “Confidence” is the perfect color for me. Love it!
10. I’ve been wearing perfume recently too. Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray is definitely my favorite this Fall. However, this week I’ve been using my tester sample of Van Cleef & Arpels Feerie. The perfume is great if you like sweet, light, and dry. My husband really like this one on me… I don’t like it as much as Secret Obsession, but it’s definitely pleasant and I enjoy wearing it. However, the outrageous price tag ($150) and oddly designed bottle would probably deter me from buying the full size version.
11. Finally, I apply lip gloss or lip balm.
I’m looking for some new lipsticks to try so if you have a favorite, please share what it is!