Ever wonder what other gal’s do to their faces before bed? If you haven’t really gotten into a night time skin care routine you might not know where to begin.
There are so many creams and facial moisturizers that claim to be geared for night time renewal, but do they really work and do you really need to use “night cream” at night? Not really.
Here’s my night time skin care routine:
1. First I brush my teeth with the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite toothbrush and Crest Vivid White Night, Fluoride Toothpaste in “Moonlight Mint”. If I have time, I’ll also floss with Crest Glide Dental Floss and swish a little Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash in Natural Citrus just for good measure.
2. I wet my face with warm water and then go to town on with my CLARISONIC® Skincare System. Depending on the severity of my acne that day or the dryness of my skin, I’ll use either Avalon Vitamin C Refreshing Cleansing Gel or the CLARISONIC Refreshing Gel Cleanser for Normal/Oily Skin. If my skin is extra dry or flaky, then I use Emerita Microdermabrasion Face Scrub with the Clarisonic.
3. After I pat my face dry, I apply Tea Tree Oil to any acne or acne prone area (chin, lower cheeks, etc). I let that dry slightly and then apply a light layer of moisturizer. Either Pangea Organics French Chamomile And Orange Blossom Face Cream or my favorite (which is discontinued) Biore Shine Control Moisturizer. My new favorite is the Beauty Company Nourishing Oil-Free Moisturizer.
4. Recently, I’ve started another habit of applying RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum every night. I’ve only been using it for about 1 week now and you’re supposed to use it for 4 weeks to see results. I’ll keep you updated on how it’s going!
5. While that’s drying a little bit, I check my eyebrows and pluck any stray hairs I find. I don’t pluck my eyebrows very much… Just mainly keep them tame. They’re pretty out of control most of the time and it would be a full time job to keep them perfectly groomed, so I’ve given up. I just try to make sure they’re not scaring people!
6. Lastly, I put a thick layer of Jafra Extra Care Cream on my lips and a dab under each eye and then I’m off to bed!
No special night creams. The only night time product I really use is the Crest Vivid White Night, Fluoride Toothpaste in “Moonlight Mint”. Looooove that stuff… Works really well too!
So there you have it. That’s my night time skin care routine! What’s yours?