Human hair wigs are becoming more popular due to its advantages in covering hair thinning and baldness without issues. Nonetheless, criticism will always be present. There are people who still want to ensure they are totally safe in using the wig. You may also be hesitant in wearing new lace front wigs since you believe that it may also lead to further hair loss when perspiration persists.
To help you learn why wearing new lace front wigs is totally safe, read through the excerpt below:
Safety of Wigs
Primarily, it must be clarified that wigs are totally safe for your scalp regardless of issues you are going through. According to experts, even if the wigs could cause sweat underneath the material, it will not cause additional issues. This is a normal effect of wearing a wig for a long period of time. This is why a cap is worn before the hair itself. The material making up the cap and even the wig is safe.
There may be different types of wig materials, chiefly under human hair and synthetic types, but all of these wigs are safe to use. It is all about the proper use of the wig. If you could, find wigs that are carefully woven to allow air circulate despite tight fitting. This will not only provide comfort, but also avoid constriction of blood supply in your scalp.
Many women forget how important it is to wash away sweat and possibly dirt that the wig has accumulated while being worn. Women or men who encounter irritation or itch while wearing a wig must have taken for granted this important step. Prior to wearing a wig, you should shampoo it first. Even if you are using a synthetic wig, it has always been advised to clean the wig. If you will not treat it like hair, it will never work accordingly.
Choosing a High Quality Wig
The protection of your hair and scalp is often compromised when you select low quality and cheap wigs. It is normal for low-quality wigs to cause discomfort and itch. If you are going to wear one for at least a few months, you should never try to save money. Remember, the upfront cost may be high, but this means savings in the future.
Selecting a Replacement Wig
In the case of replacing your existing wig, you should carefully select a material. For instance, you may choose French lace, which is a popular material not only for wigs but for hairpieces as well. Many prefer this material for it does not let moisture or heat remain on the scalp. It is made of fine polyester fabric, making it more convenient to wear.
If you cannot find a French lace, you have the lighter Swiss lace. This is the finest wig material available today. It has a higher and lighter density. It is even almost invisible on the scalp, making your wig-wearing more natural-looking. The material even comes in different colors, such as light brown, light yellow, brown, flesh, light pink, and brown.
Mirage is a replacement to lace in case you still find the previous suggestions irritating. The material is known for its bottom construction that is smooth and cool at the same time. If you have a sensitive scalp, this is a considerable option. It is simply a requirement to clean it regularly, which is an easy and quick task to carry out.
Removing Wig at Certain Periods of the Day
In order to prevent the itch caused by the wig, it is advisable that you remove it several times a day. Whenever you do so, you apply witch hazel oil. It is your choice whether to rinse the essential oil or not. The herbal solution will not only refresh your scalp but nourish it with nutrients. Removing the wig once in a while will let your hair and scalp breathe.
Trying a Cotton Liner
Apart from the cap you use prior to the wig, there are others who prefer a cotton liner. This is a very thin and lightweight material that is made from 100 percent cotton. It is placed at the cap’s base. You could get this at any wig or cosmetic shop.
Applying Zinc Lotion
There are naturally sensitive scalps, which is why zinc lotion was made. You may use this if you have encountered more than irritation on your scalp, which could either be redness or bumps. Zinc is an antibacterial compound that could avoid irritations and infections. Other natural scalp creams may also work well.
The facts provided above showed that new lace wigs are totally safe given you have selected a high-quality one and practiced proper maintenance. The protection of your hair and scalp is exceedingly dependent on how you use your wigs. Remember, wigs are even recommended by doctors for cancer and alopecia patients, guaranteeing that the material is not a source of further complications.
Consider Wig Density When Buying a New Wig
Wig density is important when buying a new wig for comfort when wearing it. The density of a wig refers to the thinness or thickness of hair. If you are a first-time wig wearer, the recommended wig density is light to medium.
Here are good-to-know facts about wig density:
- An extra light wig density will tend to bald quickly.
- If you want to mimic the texture of naturally thin or fine hair, use a light density wig.
- A natural-looking density often comes from a medium-density wig.
- An extra heavy wig creates a glam look.
Face Shape Tips When Buying a New Wig
When choosing the best style of your wig, you don’t only have to remember important wig care tips, but you also have to consider the shape of your face.
Here are the different face shapes and some important tips:
- Round Face: For a round face, recommended wig styles include a wavy side pony, a long-layered hairstyle, and lob with a side part. Round faces should avoid bobs with blunt bangs and medium voluminous curls.
- Square Faces: People with a square face can invest in wigs with a long-layered hairstyle (side bangs), chin-length hair, and long waves. People with square faces should avoid wigs with a sleek ponytail, a pixie with blunt bangs, and a jaw-length blunt bob. Long faces do well with long voluminous curls (arched bangs), medium flip-out style, or medium bouncy curls (blunt bangs).
- Heart Face: Those with heart-shaped faces do well with medium hairstyles (flicks), curly side ponies, or curly hairstyles (side bangs). For rectangular or oblong-shaped faces, they’re best with short style or medium-length wigs, which help minimize face length.
- Pear-Shaped Faces: Create the illusion of having a more oval face by drawing the attention of the eye to the upper part of the face. Choose a wig style promoting the width appearance at the forehead and temples.