Planning the perfect play date is more than just child’s play, with issues ranging from coordinating with other parents and selecting the appropriate toys to adult and child etiquette. With the newly redesigned Kmart Playdate Place community, parents will have even more resources at their fingertips to help them perfect the play date – moms and dads will never have to plan another play date alone.
Play dates are more than just a time to let children play. They serve as a platform for parents to help their children acquire basic cognitive and socializing skills through new games, and play dates allow children to see new settings. In fact, playing is actually considered a fundamental right for children by the United Nations.*
“Kmart Playdate Place offers simple and easy ways to coordinate and plan a play date with other parents. We help take the guessing game out of what to bring to play dates, providing customers with tips and recommendations from bloggers who are parents as well,” said Dev Mukherjee, President, Seasonal & Toys, Sears Holdings. “With summer quickly approaching, we understand that our customers want to spend more time having fun with their family and friends, and less time on planning how to have fun.”
Play dates also help parents get together to discuss tips, recommend new toys and socialize with other adults who, by having kids of the same age, share some of the same interests and concerns. While the kids entertain each other, parents are free to talk among themselves—for some, it may be the only adult conversation they’ll have all day. Any parent will tell you one of his or her favorite parts of play dates is the down time these kid-friendly gatherings afford to moms and dads exhausted by the care-taking, chauffeuring, cleaning and refereeing involved in raising their children.
Kmart Playdate Place was launched in late 2010 to do just that – offer both parents and children a fun, inspirational and practical resource for all things play date to help nurture the need for more play dates and to take the burden of planning away from parents. With recent enhancements, customers now have the opportunity to win Kmart Playdate Perks weekly and monthly prizes. Sample highlights of perks for parents include:
- $20 off when you spend $200 or more (online)
- $10 off when you spend $100 or more (online)
- $5 off when you spend $50 or more (online)
- Free home delivery on Fisher Price roller skates – https://www.kmart.com/shc/s/dap_10151_10104_DAP_king+of+spring?storeId=10151&vName=king+of+spring&catalogInd=DAP&catalogId=10104&i_cntr=1303916074146 (and other select items)
- Mega Bloks Ni Hao Kai-Lan play set – https://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W429259920001P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9; now only $8.00 (originally $19.99)
- Candy Land Sweet Celebration Game – https://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W446489930001P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9; now only $10.40 (originally $24.99)
- Mattel Hot Wheels Color Shifters Creatures Octo Battle play set – https://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W014515110001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1; now only$12.80 (originally $21.99)
- Cars 2 Collector Event – Online pre-sell starting June 18 and in-store on June 25