Finally, your little bundle of joy is in your arms, and you have blissfully spent maternity leave cradling the baby. But now is the time to pull up your big girl panties, face the world and start with the second phase of your career.
One of the struggles faced by new moms is their post baby wardrobe. When the stomach is still sagging, and breasts need constant support; it is essential to purchase clothes that are comfortable yet flattering. If you are lucky enough to be able to bring your baby to work with you, you will need nursing tops that allow you to easily and discreetly nurse the baby. If you can’t bring baby along and still want to breastfeed exclusively, you will need to use a breast pump at work. That means you will still need to wear clothing that allows you to easily access your breasts. It would be annoying and tedious to pump every 2 hours if you are wearing tight fitting clothes or clothes that close in the back, etc.
So here is a list of attires that will help you concentrate on work without fiddling or adjusting clothes time and again:
- Avoid Revealing Clothes: While new moms are working hard to get in shape but do not forget that there are still some bulges that need to be covered. There is a massive change in the size of breasts, and you wouldn’t want people to keep staring at your baby’s food machine (pun intended) Avoid dress that reveals your assets or makes you feel uncomfortable with the stares. Opt for fitted but not tight fitted dresses, opt for colors that compliment your figure, avoid see through designs and patterns.
- Comfortable and Accessible: While you are back to corporate world, but you are also a dotting mom whose baby needs to be fed. If you have the provision of crèche in the office; you can go and feed your child, but if you have to pump the breast milk, it is essential to wear clothes that are comfortable. Opt for nursery brassier with front opening rather than sexy lingerie, wear tops or shirts with a front opening; so that you can easily pump the milk or feed the baby.
- Explore new trends: Working moms need not depend on old maternity clothes. Rather many companies have come up with a whole new range of working mom clothes that make them look drop dead gorgeous and confident. Opt for a long skirt with a buttoned shirt, mix and match different colors with trendy leggings, light weight jackets and accessorize to complete the look. Check out latest voucher codes at https://www.bydiscountcodes.co.uk/ to revamp your wardrobe without exceeding your budget.
- Get it customized: A corporate suit is must have but how about get it customized? Opt for a soft and durable cloth that does not itch or gives rash and then take a trip to your tailor shop. Ask him/her to make the suit according to your size which is not body hugging but also not loose. It will give you a professional look without compromising on comfort. Check out latest women wear and short list apparels that enhance your personality.
- Don’t overindulge: Lastly, do not at any cost over indulge. Try to look subtle, sober and classy by doing minimalistic makeup. Try patterns and colors that are not too bold and wear accessories that look good with the attire do not over stuff yourself to look confident.
To conclude, being back on track post baby is not easy and can become a nightmare if you try to ape others. Rock your own style, be comfortable in your skin and try to enjoy the journey.
Nursing Tops We Love: