There are several factors that determine which eyeglass frames would look perfect on you. One of the most significant factors of these is your face shape. Thus, what may look good on someone else may not look good on you.
If you often struggle with finding a perfect frame, chances are you are going for frames that do not fit your face shape. But, don’t worry! We are here to help you. Below is a guide for choosing the right frames for your face shape.
Square face shape
If you have a square face shape, it is recommended that you go for thin and round glasses frames. Since square faces usually have bold and angular features, frames that are slightly wide compliment them relatively better, providing a natural look. Therefore, you should go for a frame shape of the opposite shape from your face. You can either go for round or oval glasses.
Frames that are proportional to your face’s length and width would look better. Moreover, the softness and curvedness of the round glasses will help in countering the angular shape of your face. Thus, oval or round frames will help in balancing the whole look, so nothing looks too angular. The same goes for the perfect pair of sunglasses; you should go for curved frames to take attention away from your angels. All this will help to soften your face more.
Round face shape
If you have a round face, you will have a softer angle with a wide forehead and jaw. For such faces, an angular frame is recommended because it will help in countering the softness of the face by providing it with some structure. Bold glasses with clean lines are one of the best fits for a round face. So, do not be afraid to experiment when you are choosing a frame.
Other tips that can help you look for the perfect fit are:
- Going for rectangular frames will allow you to break up the structure of the face. Consequently, your face will appear thinner as well as longer because of your frames.
- You can also choose an angular or a geometric frame as it adds sharper features to your face. Along with that, distinct lines help in creating a balanced appearance.
- If you are someone with fuller cheeks and you wish to draw attention from them, you should go for unswept frames, such as the D-frame and cat-eye frame.
Heart shape face
A heart-shaped face has high cheekbones, and it either appears long or round. This face shape is also considered the most versatile face shape of all. For glasses for a heart-shaped face, those are winged-out and are a bit wider than your forehead may be good choices. A-frame with a round base also helps in complementing a heart-shaped face’s features.
Below, we have further classified the types of heart shape faces and their suitable eyeglasses:
- For people with a narrow chin, bottom-heavy frames are suggested as they create more width at the lower half of your face.
- People with large foreheads or those who are conscious of their foreheads should invest in frames that draw attention to the lower half of your face. Thus, you should choose a design from frames with low-set temples
- Faces with pointed chins can go for oval-shape frames
Triangle face shape
A face that is widest at the bottom and narrowest at the top is known as a triangle-shaped face. As mentioned before, you should go for a frame that is opposite your face shape. So, go for frames that are wider on the top and narrow on the bottom. The three frame shapes that will look the best are D-frames, aviators, and cat-eye glasses.
However, if you are not afraid of giving off a bolder appearance, then you can also go for a round style.
Oval face shape
People with oval face shapes often do not have trouble finding their perfect fit since most frame shapes suit them. These face shapes come with a narrower forehead and chin, and it is considered a universal face shape. Although most frames would fit you just fine, there are options that can make your strong points stand out.
Therefore, it is recommended you go for glasses that add more angles to your face to contrast the softer features. You should look for frames that are as wide as the widest part of your face. You can go for square, rectangular, or geometric shapes.
Other tips that can help you find the perfect frame are:
- Consider your skin tone while you are choosing a color for your frame. People with warm skin tones should stay away from contrasting colors. On the other hand, people with cool skin tones should avoid colors that stand out.
- Another important thing to consider is your lifestyle and the activities you do while wearing your glasses. This will help you figure out how flexible you want your glasses to be.
- Also, do not forget to consider your personality. Your glasses should always reflect who you are.