While most of us only like to think about a great stomach on the outside, it’s equally important to consider the stomach on the inside as well. It’s hard not to love fried food, coffee, alcohol, and all sorts of wonderful spicy dishes from time to time, but problems with our digestive systems can arise when a diet isn’t healthy or varied enough. To keep our bodies fit and have a happy and healthy gut, it’s vital not to ignore those rumbling stomach sounds and consider getting things checked with Biomes.
If you’re at the point where you’d like to have some good advice for a happy and healthy gut and optimally functioning digestive system, then think about the following tips:
Try to get 30g of fiber in each day
This helps with digestion and preventing constipation. This can come from wholemeal bread, brown rice, beans, and oats. If you feel too bloated from grains and cereals, then there’s lots of fiber in fruit and vegetables like peas, bananas, apples, papaya, leafy greens, potatoes, and Brussel sprouts (add a touch of olive oil to help the taste).
Ease up on caffeine and keep drinking water
Fiber and water go together like sunsets on the beach. Drink a glass of water with every meal, and especially after your morning coffee or afternoon fizzy soda, as too much caffeine has a dehydrating effect and can cause heartburn. Low-sugar juices and smoothies are also great in-between meals, and you can also cut up ginger and put it in your drinking water.
Reduce the frequency of fast food
Despite how awesome fatty foods like pizza, burgers, and chips all taste, these are much harder to digest and often result in stomach pain. Greasy foods don’t have to be eliminated entirely, but should be cut back. The same goes for spicy foods like chilies, onions, and garlic. Also, try to grill foods rather than fry. If you want a flat stomach for summer, you want to avoid these greasy foods regardless of how yummy they are!
I’m sure you’ve heard by now the importance of probiotics for a happy and healthy gut. More and more products are being made with probiotics added to them as there is more awareness of the vast benefits of consuming them. Probiotics are essentially friendly types of bacteria that help our gut to function properly. Probiotic supplements are the easiest way to make sure you are getting enough probiotics to have a happy and healthy gut! We personally use and recommend Hyperbiotics Pro 15, but there are many high-quality probiotics to purchase on sites like Amazon.
Interesting foods that are great for stomachs that you might not know about!
Be sure to try out some of the following foods:
- Kefir – A probiotic drinking yogurt originating from Russia and Central Asia, which tastes great on its own and with smoothies and soups.
- Miso – Usually in dip form, this is a Japanese recipe made with fermented soya beans and barley or rice.
- Sauerkraut – Essentially chopped-up cabbage that has been fermented and a very common side dish in German meals.
- Kimchi – Popular in Korean cuisine, kimchi is a side dish made up of fermented, salted vegetables like radish, cabbage, spring onions, ginger, and more.
- Kombucha – A fermented tea drink that is great for a happy and healthy gut and is packed with probiotics. The taste is quite strong and somewhat vinegary, but it is highly popular in many parts of the world.
These tips will help you have a happy and healthy gut!