You know, fast food doesn’t necessarily has to be something fattening and bad for your health. It all depends on how you’re interpreting the term ‘fast food’.
Because really, think about it: ‘fast food’ means easily prepared food that can be taken away. And if you immediately think about hamburgers, burritos and pizzas, think again.
There are actually foods you can easily prepare at home and take them with you on the go. The reason I called the following smoothie a ‘green fast food’ is because it’s a quick way to:
- jump-start your day within less than 5 minutes (if you have your smoothie first thing in the morning)
- have a healthy snack without having to slave in the kitchen for an hour
- prepare a nutritious meal to take with you on the go with a smoothie cleanse plan
However, in order to make a truly delicious Green Fast Food smoothie, you’ll need to follow these few tips:
- don’t add too much water, as the taste and color of your smoothie must be saturated while the texture must be thick
- you need a good blender (or patience!), because your green smoothie shouldn’t have pieces of celery or spinach floating around, while the banana and cucumber must be turned into creamy texture
- if you smoothie looks like yogurt or milkshake, you’ve done everything properly. If it resembles some weird salad mixed with water, you haven’t blended it well enough.
Green Fast Food Recipe:
- 2 stalks of celery
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 2 bananas
- Freshly-squeezed lemon juice 1/3 cups
- 1 cucumber
- 1 glass of water
- Chop the celery, cucumber, spinach, and bananas into small pieces (this way you’re helping your blender do less heavy work).
- Squeeze 1/3 of cups of juice from a lemon.
- Throw it all in the blender.
- Add 1 glass of water.
- Press the button and blend until your smoothie has a thick and creamy texture.
There are a number of reasons why the Green Fast Food smoothie is the opposite of any fast food you can find in fast food joints nowadays.
First of all, you’ll never find a burger (pizza, burrito or whatever) that would provide you with the daily value of Vitamin C and Vitamin K (courtesy of Nutrition Data).
You’ll never find any other fast food that would provide you with more than half of the daily value of Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Manganese as well as nearly half of Folate and Potassium.
And it’s only 279 of nutrition- and Vitamin-packed calories! By contrast, a Big Tasty from McDonalds contains about 850 of fattening, health-damaging calories.
The Green Fast Food smoothie is a rich source of antioxidants found in celery and cucumber.
Bananas found in the smoothie, meanwhile, improve digestive health, help with weight loss, control your heart health and are a rich source of antioxidants.
But the greatest part is spinach, because it prevents various forms of cancer, regulates blood pressure levels, improves eye health and promotes heart health.