Have you ever met someone who just radiated beauty? It wasn’t necessarily the way they looked that made them beautiful, it was their inner beauty shining through. When I come across people like that, I WANT to be around them and even to be like them. But why copy someone else’s inner beauty when you could let your own inner beauty shine through?
Don’t think you have “inner beauty?” Think again. A lot of companies make their money by telling you that you’re not enough and you need their product to feel beautiful, those are the kinds of companies you need to tune out.
Here’s an awesome mission statement from Beautycon.com that I can totally get behind – “Our mission is to challenge traditional beauty standards and redefine what beauty means.” Yes! These are the types of organizations we need to listen to, the ones that go the extra mile to let you know that feeling beautiful is important, but to truly feel beautiful – you’ve got to look within.
So, where do you start? We’ve come up with five ways to unleash your inner beauty so you can feel beautiful every single day.
5 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Beauty
- Nourish Yourself. The phrase “you are what you eat” may sound cliché, but it couldn’t be more true. The more nutritious, nourishing, healthy food you fill your body with, the better you feel, the more energy you have and, you guessed it, the more beautiful you feel. Eating healthy not only helps your body function better but it can even clear up skin issues and help you maintain a healthy weight. You may not be able to change your diet overnight, but taking small steps every day can leave you feeling beautiful in no time.
- Catch some Zzzz’s. Are you sleeping enough? The reality is, most of us aren’t. You’ve probably heard it before, but adults should really be getting somewhere around a solid eight hours of sleep every night, but many of us fall woefully short of that. Sleep is when our body repairs its cells which in-turn gives you energy and helps slow down the aging process. There’s nothing that makes me feel more beautiful than having enough energy to get me through my day. It could be your mattress that is getting in the way of you getting a good night’s sleep. Consider ditching your old, uncomfortable mattress and replacing it with a copper infused memory foam mattress from LAYLA SLEEP INC.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People. Who you spend your time with really matters. If you have toxic friends, it’s hard to feel beautiful or to see the beauty in anything. It’s important that the people in your life care deeply for you, share your values and help you become the best possible version of yourself. You want people who build you up, not tear you down.
- Be Grateful. You may have heard about people keeping gratitude journals. Maybe that sounds a little silly to you, but don’t knock it ‘til you try it. Keeping track of everything that makes you grateful and that makes your life a little more sweet and beautiful will help center you and keep your focus on positive. It’s amazing how quickly we forget everything we have to be grateful for when one little thing goes wrong. A gratitude journal is a great way to see how the good in your life outweighs the bad.
- Practice Positive Self Talk. We get a million messages thrown at us every day and if we don’t have a solid understanding of ourselves, it’s easy to give into what culture says we should be… and that’s not usually a positive message. Practice speaking kindly to yourself each day, maybe even write down some affirmations that make your feel beautiful.
It’s Never Too Late
Maybe you feel like you’ll never be able to get out of that toxic relationship that you’re in, or that speaking positively to yourself seems awkward or that getting enough sleep is impossible. Start small. You won’t be able to do all five things we’ve suggested here at once, so choose one and focus on it, then move on to the next. We’ve all got inner beauty just waiting to be unleashed, you’ll be so thankful you took the time to focus on yourself.