No matter what your age is, you are always growing up. Did you recently start thinking that your fashion and style is showing your real age or is your style making you look older than your actual age? Do you wonder if you are making fashion or makeup mistakes? If you answered yes, it’s time to bring about a change in style.
Who wouldn’t love to look younger than their actual age? Most women not only want to look young but also feel young. However, there are certain fashion and makeup mistakes, which when committed, make you look older than your real age. As fashion and makeup trends are changing with time, it’s not easy to keep track of the changes. This is why this article will deal with some of the worst fashion and makeup mistakes you should avoid while aging so you can have ageless beauty.
Fashion And Makeup Mistakes To Avoid
- Not being proactive about aging: You should be aware of the fact that your selection of cosmetics and clothing can speak about the sense of style and can also compliment your best features of your body and face. However, there are times when such decisions can even backfire. If you put on an ill-fitting dress that sags in the wrong places or you wear a makeup that aggravates your wrinkles and fine lines, you’re at a loss. Women should not always keep updating their fashion and beauty with their age. You should sometimes opt for anti-aging products like anti-wrinkles devices like the strips from AngelLift. These will help you look younger than your age.
- Wearing an extremely trendy dress: Unless you have an unlimited clothing budget, stay away from the fashions that are too trendy or that are “in”. If you buy such clothes, you won’t be able to wear them for a very long time before both you and the dress start looking behind the times. Rather you should invest your money in styles that are classic or contemporary, not trendy. Look for those fashions that are here to stay.
- Being emotional about old clothes: There is a trend among women to cling on to their old clothes and being nostalgic about them. If you tend to stick to the things that don’t fit you well, then that will make you look outdated. Instead of keeping them the way they are, consider getting your old clothes tailored in the best way possible so that you can continue wearing them or consign your clothes and buy new ones to keep up with the times and current trends.
- Donning too long hair: Some women prefer getting haircuts so they look their ages. As you grow older, you look older with long hair, since it makes your face look thinner. Choose a short and trimmed hairstyle which can make your face rounder and more youthful.
- Wearing Miniskirts or Very Short Shorts: Even if you have great looking legs for your age, you still shouldn’t show off too much skin! This will make you look trashy, not youthful. Be careful with any skirts or shorts that come above the knee if you are over 35.
- Too Much Makeup: Are you wearing too much makeup for your age? Some people think the older they get, the more makeup they need but this is simply not true. You just need a different approach to makeup as you get older. A simple liquid foundation to fill in fine lines and wrinkles, warm lip colors, gray or brown eyeliner, brown or soft black mascara and neutral colors for eyeshadow. If you follow these simple tips you won’t have to worry about makeup mistakes that will make you look older than you really are!
So if you’re wondering about which makeup mistakes to avoid that make you look older and outdated, consider the above mentioned ones and steer clear from them.