Flip flops have been a part of our lives for the last six decades. It isn’t because they’re a symbol of fashion but because we need them. They are especially helpful for people in warm climates. Ordinary shoes are uncomfortable to wear and cause feet to be sweaty.
But lately, you can see a lot of people who wear flip flops almost everywhere. You can look up fashion magazines and see a lot of celebrities wearing flip flops, too. Some of them even sport custom flip flops during their photoshoots. Take Penelope Cruz and Angelina Jolie, for example. Because of celebrities like them, these flip flops are becoming more popular.
What Are The Benefits of Wearing Flip Flops?
1. They’re comfortable!
Flip flops provide support and comfort for the feet, all day long. The toes won’t be cramped up. They are very helpful, especially during the summer. When you go to the beach this summer, you should wear flip flops. Walking on the sand by foot will hurt. Wearing flip flops will make you comfortable and protected.
2. Your feet can breathe!
If you have a problem with sweaty feet, it means that your feet don’t get enough air while they’re inside your shoes. This won’t be the case if you wear flip flops. Your feet will be able to breathe and feel fresh air while you walk around.
3. Easy to slip on and go!
Wearing shoes can be a hassle, especially for women. If you’re in a rush, you wouldn’t have enough time to take a seat to put your shoes on carefully. Wearing flip flops or sandals can avoid this problem. All you need to do is to step right in them, and you’re good to go! As soon as you’re back home, you can slip your sandals off and relax.
4. They go with everything!
The best way to always look stylish and trendy is to wear flip flops. About four or five decades ago, wearing plain flip flops was the only option to feel comfortable. But that isn’t the case anymore. Many shoe designers have put a lot of effort and time to create stylish flip flops. You can even see custom flip flops for both men and women now. Don’t compromise your comfort for style. You can buy a pair of flip flops now and start a fashion statement.
5. They are perfect for the beach!
Flip flops are built for beaches. When you’re heading to a tropical destination, don’t be one of the people who walk around the beach wearing sneakers or tennis shoes. You’ll only end up with shoes full of sand as soon as you leave the beach. Instead, make sure to wear flip flops. You’ll never have to worry about the sand. You’ll also look stylish as you enjoy your vacation.
Creative Flip Flop Ideas
- Sequin Paillette – Metallic sequins make flip flops look so much better for nights out. You can easily do this by affixing a satin ribbon to the straps using a glue gun. And then, sew on cascading sequins. For better results, you can vary the metallic sequins.
- Ruffled T-straps – You can add a fabric T-strap to your flip flops. And then stitch a few ruffles on top. Don’t be afraid to experiment on your patterns!
- Stretch Knit Sling Backs – You can create a stylish pair of sling back flip flops you can wear all summer. You’ll only need a few stitches and a bit of glue.
- Crochet Flip Flops – You can customize your flip flops by putting leftover yarn around the springs. What you need to do is to crochet strips with a stripe pattern. And then, sew them together to cover the springs.
- Floral Flip Flops – This summer, you can incorporate floral designs on your yellow flip flops. You can choose pastel floral colors or bright colors to match your outfit.
- Knitted Flip Flops – You can create a triangular-shaped knitted flip flop to customize it. The finished product will look cozy and professional, which makes this a brilliant idea.
- Cork and Yarn Sandal – You’ll need to do this from scratch, making flip flops as your template. Make sure to measure your feet accurately on a cork tile. Use the tile for the soles and then poke braided yearn through. This yarn will serve as tie-on straps.
- Flip flops With Fabric Soles – You can transform your plain flip flop into something colorful. You can select a cotton knit with pink patterns. You need a patterned design to avoid the noticeable seams. And then use mod podge for your cloth. Apply it on the tops of the flip flop soles. You’ll be thrilled to see the result.
- Color-Blocked Platforms – The purpose of this is to stack bright soles and to glue them. This should add both color and height to your flip flops. You need to make sure that you only use a plastic-safe adhesive. Doing this will prevent the platform from disintegrating.
- Hand-painted flip flops – The good thing about customizing your flip flops is that there’s no limit to what you want them to look like. You can be very creative in designing your plain slippers. Just by using paint markers, you can decorate the soles and the straps. The designs can be whatever you want. This is a great option for children because there’s no need for hot glue or sewing needles.
These are just ten out of the unlimited ideas on how you can customize your flip flop. These are great ideas on redesigning plain, ugly flip flops and transforming them to match today’s trends. It’s best if you do this with your friends or with your children. Doing so will help you form stronger bonds with them while doing something fun.
Don’t feel bad if you don’t have the time to do all these. You can look up custom flip flops online and be able to find the one that meets your taste.