Protein cookies are great as a satiating snack or healthy dessert. These ones are essentially chocolate-flavored peanut butter cookies with extra protein. They’re fairly easy to make and can be chilled and frozen if you end up with leftovers. These chocolate protein cookies are so yummy though, you might just eat them all!
Chocolate Protein Cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Serves: 12 cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup golden Swerve
- ½ cup Kiss My Keto Chocolate Powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- Coconut oil, additional
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with Swerve.
- Fold in the peanut butter and protein powder.
- Mix until you get a cookie dough consistency.
- If your dough is crumbly, add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Grease palms with a bit of coconut oil.
- Shape the mixture into 12 equal cookies that you’ve arrange on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Cool your chocolate protein cookies on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
|Saturated Fat 2.7g|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g|
|Total Sugars 2.2g||?|
Tips & Tricks
If you don’t have chocolate-flavored protein powder, use vanilla or neutral protein powder and add an additional tablespoon of cocoa powder to make your chocolate protein cookies.
For this recipe, natural and runny peanut butter works best.
Store cookies in a Ziplock bag or air-tight container to keep them moist and chewy.
Try to limit yourself to up to 3 cookies per day. These chocolate protein cookies are very rich in protein, and can make you go over your daily limit if you’re not careful. Besides that, they provide 3.8g of net carbs per cookie, so keep an eye on your carb intake, especially if you are doing the keto diet.
Anela Tripkovic is a recipe creator and writer who publishes insightful food and diet-related articles on Kiss My Keto. Anela earned her master’s degree in nutrition at the University of Sarajevo, Center for Interdisciplinary Studies.
She believes that the keto diet should be simple and accessible to everyone, which is why she began creating keto-friendly recipes that can fit everyone’s lifestyle, schedule, and budget.