Most people are unaware that many commercial manufacturers take away the glycerin element during the soap-making process, resulting in a soap that causes dryness and itching on the skin. Besides, several store-bought options have alcohol, chemicals, preservatives, and other harmful ingredients that can wreak havoc on sensitive skin.
Therefore, using organic or natural soaps is the best way to keep skin healthy, young, and buoyant. They are made using butter, vegetable oils, and other natural ingredients that do not cause any harm to the skin.
Here are the 3 mistakes you’re making when choosing organic soap bars.
Check the Ingredients
Did you know that even paper soaps are now made using coconut oil? It testifies how far soap manufacturers have come regarding ideas, technology, and creativity. That being said, it is pivotal to carefully check what ingredients are used in any natural bar as it will determine how suitable it is for your skin.
Consider the following list of popular ingredients when choosing organic soap to understand which could be the safest option for you.
- Essential oils – The list of must-have essential oils can be exhaustive, as different soapmakers have varied ideas. However, some great ones to look for include jojoba oil, hemp oil, tea tree oil, and avocado oil. These work extensively on improving skin texture by moisturizing to the very roots.
- Shea butter – An extract of the African Shea Tree, this incredible ingredient has a rich and creamy texture that smoothens dehydrated skin. It also has anti-aging elements that prevent skin from sagging and help it to stay elastic for longer than usual. Moreover, it can help circulation and skin cell regeneration as it is super rich in vitamins A and E.
- Coconut, palm, or castor oil – If you want soaps that lather well, look for these elements in the ingredients list. They also ensure that your skin stays moisturized for longer durations.
- Cocoa butter – Handmade organic soaps that incorporate cocoa butter as one of the primary ingredients are best suited for folks who have dehydrated skin. They deeply moisturize the skin and not just the surface, ensuring that the body stays hydrated and comfortable at all times. Also, they lather well and are excellent for everyday use.
- Olive oil – Known for absorbing the moisture around it, olive oil can make your skin smooth and silky just after a wash or two. Moreover, it is famous for its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, making it a popular moisturizing soap among several people.
Color and Fragrance
Since there are no color additives in these bars, most of these soaps will have no actual color. Some manufacturers use vegetable-based colors to give an attractive shade to the soaps. Either way, these products are incredibly safe to use on young and sensitive skin.
Similarly, it would be best to look for one that incorporates natural essential oils for fragrance when choosing organic soap. This is much better and safer than commercial soaps that use alcohol-based fragrances to make the product smell attractive. Even some homemade soaps will use synthetic fragrances if you aren’t careful to ask for the ingredients. Popular organic fragrances include herbs, rose petals, lilac, and even oranges, as all these infuse the bar with a pleasant odor.
Review of the soapmaker
It is critical to buy all your natural soaps and other products from a licensed, reliable supplier. To ensure this, it is better to look for online dealers who operate transparently and display their credentials, certified products, and client testimonials openly on the website. You can see the list of ingredients they use in their soaps, where they make them, and how it helps them outperform their competitors in a very distinct manner.
Also, many online suppliers offer these otherwise costly soaps at reasonable prices with super low shipping costs and an easy money-back guarantee. Moreover, they ensure you receive your shipment in just a couple of days of the order. This enables you to order your favorite products in bulk at one time.
Make sure you aren’t making the above 3 mistakes when choosing organic soap for your family!