If you are a fashion enthusiast or a biker, or a pilot looking forward to furnishing your wardrobe with a leather jacket, what you need is to find out which men’s leather jackets will suit you the best. The quality of the leather jacket greatly depends on the kind of leather used for making the jacket. Read further to find out the best options for a leather jacket to invest in.
Full-grain leather is the best kind of leather for the formation of a leather jacket. Remember that full-grain leather made from cowhide or horseskin is the best one for leather jackets. While goatskin or deerskin is the best for soft leather jackets. You will find that the highly soft or lightweight jackets are made from lambskin. You can go for different leathers for strength, durability, or the feel you get from the jacket. Read further to learn more about the best leathers used for making men’s leather jackets.
The best leathers used for making leather jackets
To find the best leather jackets, always aim for top-grain or full-grain leather for any of the mentioned leather hides. Read further to find the characteristics of different types of leathers you prefer.
- Full-grain leather: Remember that full-grain is the natural state of the leather, and it is derived from the top surface of the leather. Full-grain leather is formed from the skin’s natural shape, and it comprises all the imperfections in the different layers. Full-grain leather is quality hide or quality skin that is based on how highly-priced the jacket will be. Keep in mind that several bikers can wear full-grain leather jackets to protect themselves.
- Top grain leather: The top grain leather has a natural grain sanded from the top surface. Top grain is the second highly preferred leather in terms of quality. It is used for creating a thinner material that is highly flexible for making well-fitted leather jackets for men.
The various kinds of leathers will give you different looks, textures, softness, and durability related to leather jackets. Keep in mind that the top grain leather is listed below.
- Cowhide leather for jackets: Cowhide is natural unbleached leather made from a bovine group. A large percentage of the leather comes from the bovine cattle group. Moreover, cowhide is a highly waterproof natural leather you can find. It forms highly durable, strong, and thick leather that constitutes the best choice of classic jackets. Cowhide is dirt-resistant, used for making a jacket that offers the maximum amount of protection.
- Deerskin jacket: Keep in mind that deerskin is made from leather hide. Deerskin is used for making several kinds of clothing like bags, coats, shoes, jackets, and clothing. In addition to being durable, deerskin also has an added touch of softness to it. It has a lighter feel and smoothness exclusive of luxury items.
- Goatskin leather for jackets: The pebble-grained goatskin leather is the most useful leather as it is light-skinned and soft. Moreover, it feels a lot softer every time you wear it. The cowhide uses 10 % of the population, and goatskin is ranked third on the quality scale. Moreover, goatskin leather is much more valuable than sheepskin, and it has much less grease. Goatskin leather is mainly tanned with combination tanning requiring both chrome tanning and vegetable tanning.
- Sheepskin leather: If you want to go for a smooth and soft, lightweight designer leather jacket that helps you retain warmth, sheepskin leather is the best choice. The best thing about sheepskin leather is its stretchability. Sheepskin leather men’s leather jackets can fit your body well. Sheepskin leather has excellent insulation properties and is also fire-resistant, and does not produce static electricity.
Leather jackets from these leathers will give you good value for your money. Ensure that you go for the best quality leather jackets made from top-grain leather or full-grain bespoke leather jackets for lasting items that are soft, durable, and give you the best bang on your buck.
Being a natural material, it is absolutely worthwhile to get a genuine leather jacket from the best manufacturers. It ensures that you will be getting the best value for your money that you spend on the top-quality products to put in your wardrobe.