Sears is sponsoring this cool contest that allows you to get your creative juices flowing, win $500,000 in retail points for yourself, and give the remaining $500,000 to charity! Sounds like a win-win-win.
Who Would You Share $1 Million With?
To celebrate the first anniversary of Shop Your Way Rewards, Sears is giving away up to 1 billion points ($1,000,000 retail value) to the best video in America that tells Sears what you would do with 1 billion points. The best video is determined by your friends, family, colleagues – in short, America chooses who gets the prize.
How it works:
- Join Shop Your Way Rewards – it’s free and you can sign up here: http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com. You need to be a member before you can enter the contest.
- Make a video telling Sears what you would do with 1 billion points. Be creative. Be generous. Be funny or touching. Most importantly, be inspiring to viewers who are choosing the winning video. The video can be no longer than 45 seconds and must be in one of the following formats: avi, dv, mov, qt, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, 3gp, 3g2, asf or wmv.
- Then return to http://www.billionpoints.com and give Sears your full name, email and phone number (they need your details if you win), and confirm that you are a legal US resident and at least 18 years old.
- Tell Sears which charities you want to receive your share of the winnings and upload your video. And if you have lots of ideas, you can upload one video each day until Oct 5.
- If you win, you’ll take home 50% of all points in the contest prize pool. You decide how the remaining 50% of the points will be split between charities.
Here are your two options:
- Give all your charity points to Sears Holdings Corporation participating charities. If you choose two, the points will be divided evenly.
- Give half your charity points to a Sears Holdings Corporation participating charity and half to your qualifying charity of choice.
- Ongoing until October 5 – Upload your video and encourage your friends, family and selected charities to vote. Members can vote for one video per day, and the Top 20 Finalists will be selected based on the sum total of all the votes.
- October 9 – November 3 – Voting period (select from among the Top 20 Finalists)
- The winner is announced on or around November 14!
This contest is sponsored by Sears with no input or affiliation from The Fashionable Housewife or Fashionable Media.