Some days you just don’t feel like styling your hair. Other days, you simply don’t have time. That was me this morning! I woke up late and had only an hour and 30 minutes to get myself and 4 children ready to go to church. (I normally need at least 2 and a half hours if showers are involved.)
I took a quick shower, applied minimal makeup (foundation, eyeliner, mascara), threw on a floral midi dress, and didn’t have enough time to fix my hair. Thankfully, I remembered L’Oreal Paris Air Dry It!
HOW TO AIR DRY YOUR HAIR
Seriously, the thought that air drying your hair actually requires a technique seems laughable, but believe us, it does. If you want to air dry your hair AND have it look good, follow the air drying tips below from L’Oreal.
1. Rid your hair of excess water. Before you hop out of the shower, embrace your inner puppy and shake out any excess water from your strands.
2. Use a strand-smoother. Sometimes, letting your hair air dry can lead to unwanted frizz. To help manage that, simply work in some serum or cream formulated to address the appearance of frizz, like the L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Frizz Finish Oil-in-Serum.
3. Wrap, don’t rub, your hair. We get it: Just patting your hair dry doesn’t always seem as satisfying (or efficient) as a good rub. Trust us though: It’s the way to go! Wrapping your hair up is a whole lot gentler than rubbing it aggressively. So, instead of a towel, grab an old T-shirt and wrap your hair in it until it’s almost completely dry.
4. Carefully detangle. When your hair is almost fully dry, unwrap it and use a wide-tooth comb to gently brush your hair, starting at your ends and working your way up to your roots. These combs are the ultimate ally for wet hair because the extra space between teeth allows hair to easily pass through without added friction.
5. Style accordingly. With only a small amount of time sitting between you and the air-dried locks of your dreams, it’s time to determine how you want to style your hair.
Click here to finish reading the air drying tutorial —>
To get the look above, I followed the tutorial above from L’Oreal and I used L’Oreal Paris Air Dry It Body Mousse and L’Oreal Paris Air Dry It Un-Done Style Cream and just let it dry.
Before going outside for the photoshoot, I made the mistake of putting my fingers through my hair, so it’s fluffier than it was when I first did it this morning.
I really love all three Air Dry It products from L’Oreal and it’s definitely made it a lot easier to get ready AND look good! Styling my hair isn’t something I always have time for, considering I have a 5-month-old baby! These Air Dry It styling products from L’Oreal are a great option for busy moms and a lot cheaper than the Living Proof “Perfect Hair Day” products. You can get all 3 of these L’Oreal products at your local Target for under $5 each! Best of all, there is no need for a hair styling brush!
Shop The Post