Travel trends and the growing number of tourists and travelers indeed reflect upon as to how the global tourism is changing and trending. Travelling is no longer seen as just a way of recreation but also as an opportunity to learn new things in life and create new experiences. Moreover, it is a lot easier to book flights and make bookings today. For example, one can book Malaysia airlines online or any other airline to their choice of destination and with just a few clicks.
Travel becomes increasingly affordable, thanks to cheap Cathay pacific flight ticket and many other inexpensive flights and destinations, that allows more and more people to plan their holiday and travel. One can easily search for information for itineraries and cheaper flights on the web and make the booking. The Internet and social media have indeed made the tourists of today a lot more intelligent and globalized. The technology is indeed a game-changer in the tourism industry.
- Travelling allows one to widen his perspective as they get to know about different countries, cultures, and people. Those priceless experiences indeed give them a new way of thinking and become more tolerant and understanding when it comes to other cultures.
- According to Tour and Travel Agents, a larger number of people also travel for a better quality of life. Today’s generation is a lot more aware as compared to the older generations and influenced by their parent’s life; they do not want to get stuck in the daily grind of work and hardships.
- Traveling has become a part of lifestyle today, especially among the youth who want to travel to new places, discuss their experiences, and enrich lives. It is one of the most common topics to be considered among the youth and is not seen as a luxury for them.
- Travelers today rely on their mobile applications to surf a variety of packages and select the tourism products that meet their needs and budget perfectly. They use mobiles for booking and reservation for a tour and airline tickets.
- The growing presence of low-cost carriers is another major factor that contributes to the growth of travel. It is the affordability coupled with the curiosity of a traveler that gives rise to both domestic and international travel.
- There are new flight routes obeying up and thus offer higher connectivity. That only encourages travelers to explore new destinations, both within their country as well as abroad. Thus, it is no surprise to see a steady rise in the number of domestic as well as foreign visitors over the years.
However, the boost in the tourism industry and the increasing number of tourists and travelers indeed bring a host of problems and concerns. For example, overtourism can be a risk for ecology and the sustainability of a place. During the holiday seasons, it is very normal to see the most popular destinations overburdened with a large number of both local and international tourists. That can lead to road congestion and traffic issues and thus mar the experience and satisfaction of the tourists. The solution lies in the government and local communities to come together and educate the tourists and travelers and how to enjoy an eco-friendly holiday. Ecotourism is already on the rise, and the purpose behind it is to offer the full experience of the destinations to the tourists as well as safeguards the ecosystems and nature of the destinations they visited.
As a responsible tourist, we must not forget the critical relationship we have with our nature and the planet. You might want to travel in luxury, but not at the cost of others. The planet should not be damaged at the cost of our travel and one should devise the right strategies to shape the future of tourism in a positive manner.