Let’s play, “What’s In My Suitcase”! No, I’m kidding. But I do want to share with you what I took on my trip.
We all know that the limited space in our suitcases are precious, so sometimes it’s hard deciding what to bring and what to leave behind.
Here’s how I narrowed it down…
First, I put together a pile of all my favorite products. I separated it into groups of what I use everyday and what I use occasionally. From there, I could easily identify what I would be needing. I removed all the products I hadn’t used in the previous week. Then I removed all the products that were inexpensive and could easily be purchased during the vacation if I absolutely needed it. Then, I consolidated as much as I could into reusable travel size containers.
Of course there were things left over that couldn’t be put into travel size containers like deodorant and hairspray, which was ok. I put those into ziplock bags and packed them neatly into my suitcase.
Here’s some of the larger items I took with me:
1. I wanted to bring my own lotion because the hotels usually don’t supply enough. I use a lot of lotion! However, I didn’t want to bring my very favorite lotion with me just in case it exploded in my suitcase or something. So instead, I settled on a cheaper runner up. Seacret Spa “Wild Kiwi” Body Lotion. It’s light, non greasy, and is an excellent all-over moisturizer.
2. I can’t leave home without a good exfoliator and this is one of my favorites. It’s not extra abrasive like a sugar or salt scrub. It’s just enough to gently scrub off those dead skin cells without turning your skin red, so it’s great for your whole body. I got a sunburn my first day on vacation so for several day afterwards, I was in a lot of pain. And then it started peeling! So this exfoliator came in extra handy. Plus, it smells GREAT! It’s Mama Mio Supersmooth Body Buff.
3. & 4. Did I mention I went to Naples, FL? And did I also mention that I went to the beach? So yeah, it should be no wonder why I brought along a couple secret weapons to combat bikini-phobia. After having such awesome results with the Mama Mio Bootcamp Kits, I wondered whether other supposed fat-fighting creams would work as well. So I continued doing the exercises in the bootcamp kits while using bliss the firm warfare duo for 6 weeks. Verdict? Well it didn’t work quite as well as Mama Mio, but it’s more affordable so it’s a great option for those of you on a tight budget. It definitely took care of the belly jiggle and the orange peel thighs. I’ll post more about the Bliss fat-fighting products later on, so stay tuned.
5. With all the beach-going I had to do, I had to wear waterproof mascara (I use Covergirl LashBlast). Getting that stuff off with soap and water can be a little difficult so while I was in FL I purchased this Olay Mascara & Makeup Remover.
6. My newest obsession? Enjoy Hair Care Products. I put the Shampoo, Conditioner, and Straightener gel in travel size containers and took along the full size bottles of the Shine & Smooth and the Shine spray. These 5 products make every day a good hair day for me. Now that I’ve tried them, I’m going to have a hard time finding anything good to say about another product. Enjoy knows hair.
7. And last but not least, I brought my Aussie Opposites Attract Extra Strong + Touchable Feel Hairspray with me. It provides strong hold with a soft touchable feel. Works like a charm to hold hair in place, except at the beach… I don’t think any hair spray can keep hair looking good at the beach…
Come back tomorrow for a list of some more products I took with me!