The Valentine’s Day scramble to buy a last minute gift – especially for guys – can often lead to hurt feelings, fights and overall disaster. In fact, ShopRunner, a members-only online shopping service that offers savvy consumers free shipping, free returns and exclusive deals, polled their members and asked, “What is the WORST Valentine’s Day gift you have ever received?”
Sadly, the results, in order, include:
- Bathroom scale/Weight loss item
- Counterfeit gold necklace
- Artificial flowers
- Cheap teddy bear
So, what can be done to avoid heartache, heartbreak and unnecessary arguments?
To ensure the only break-ups happening this Valentine’s Day are consumers parting ways with shipping fees, ShopRunner has come to the rescue this year’s suggestions for gift-giving procrastinators:
1. For the food and wine lover, iGourmet.com offers delectable gifts and specialty items including decadent chocolates, as well as wine and cheese pairings.
2. Looking for more intimacy this Valentine’s Day? BareNecessities.com is the largest online specialty retailer of designer intimate apparel including sexy staples, sleepwear, and more.
3. For those into leather, check out eBags.com for a complete line of premium and popular handbags and wallets from designed such as Tumi, Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors, Cole Haan and Kate Spade.
4. Search from millions of skin and hair care products, fragrances and cosmetics on Beauty.com.
5. Visit DicksSportingGoods.com for the fitness guru in your life. Whether it is yoga pants, warm-up tops or sports bras, this site has apparel to fit anyone’s needs.