With 2023 drawing its curtains, it’s much expected that you may be wondering what outfits will dominate the fashion trends for 2024. Taking inspos from fashion trends and runway looks and incorporating them into everyday looks can be a bit tasking. So we gathered some of the 2024 clothing trends that you should anticipate. SunsetFashionLA is a Women’s Clothing Store where you can shop any of the trendy outfits that we have mentioned below. You may have a casual dress for women in mind that you want to wear well into 2024. These tips will help guide your styling decisions.
Color Trends of the Year
According to most color experts and with reveals from fashion designers, 2024 seems like a much bolder year with lots of adventurous colors taking full charge. Obviously, the neutrals won’t come into consideration since they never leave the trends. However, there are brighter colors and warmer tones that industry experts suggest are likely to dominate in 2024. Here are some of the colors that are all looking forward to:
- Warm Pinks: The pink and lavender fashion trends in 2023 started with “Barbie: The Movie” and we think it’s going to continue well into 2024. Lilacs and soft pinks are sure to follow in line.
- Aquas: The cool and serene blues will be shaping most of the clothing trends in 2024. Color institute experts confirmed this by selecting Chambray blue as one of the signature colors for the NYFW Spring 2024. You should also expect turquoise and teals to be popping their lively shades everywhere.
- Tangy Orange & Cherry Red: These two colors have a lot in common; from being fall hues to getting spotted on the Spring 2024 palettes. There’s a lot to expect from them and Gucci has already started serving the looks.
- Minor Greens: Mint may be the breath of fresh air we need for 2024 and watercress can be a calming refresh we all need for 2024. We can also expect army and forest greens since they’re less intense than neon.
- Rich Browns: Chocolate browns and woody notes make for a harmonious mix with all these expressive colors.
Top 10 Trends in Clothing for Ladies in 2024
Most fall fashion trends are taking center stage in the 2024 clothing trends, with the 90s aesthetic serving as the subsidiary. The color trends already show that there’s a mix of fall and spring colors working together and it sure didn’t end there. Below are the 2024 outfit trends that all our fashion girlies should be anticipating:
- Micro Mini Hems:
The barely-there hems are certainly going to take the first spots in trendy outfits for 2024. Marni, Missoni, and Micheal Kors gave us hints from the Spring 2024. They all seemed to share the 1960s mini lengths in their best skirts and dresses.
- Business Casual Aesthetics:
Talk about the very relatable casual styles blended with a suit inspo for business casual outfits. The long months spent working from home and adapting to office settings again probably sprouted the trend.
- Drop Waist Dresses:
These used to be trendy as far back as the 80s and they’re coming back in 2024, but with a much modern feel. You should expect skirts with shorter hemlines and styles with an almost princess-like feel to emphasize their free spirit.
Whether it’s freezing cold in the winter months and you’re restocking on the cozy knits and sweaters or so warm in spring and summer that you’re shopping all the knit bikinis and mesh outfits, you should definitely add knits to your closet staple.
- Trench Coats:
Trench coats are a fashion constant, especially in fall and winter. They are super cozy and quite fashionable. Come 2024, there will be lots of revolutionary styles and clothing trends to add depth to the once-before basic trench coats.
- Layers & Volumes:
Lots of brands seem to be having a fun time with voluminous creations. And even with all the volumes, we might be wearing lots of layers by next year. It can be as practical as throwing on all you have left in your wardrobe on a wash day or as functional as bracing yourself for the cold.
- Denim on Denim:
Denim is somewhat like whites and blacks; they all have special spots among the evergreen classics. This season’s runways showed brands like Valentino and Chanel donning the denim silhouettes. Don’t want to miss out on any trendy outfits? Start stocking up on your denim dresses, cargo, skirts, and pants from SunsetFashionLA.
- Cropped Blazers with Slochy Shoulders:
Sergio Hudson and Flying Solo already gave us sneak peeks on the fall runway shows of 2023. So we’re left to tune into the vibe with these trendy picks either topless or with matching bras or tanks.
- Deep Vs:
Navel grazing necklines are taking a toll on the trends and their daring appeal makes them standout out from the crowd. If you would love to give them a try, booby tapes will be helpful.
- Large Bags:
The bigger the better! And no it’s not just the work totes that will be having the revamp. Mega bags are crashing lots of other bag trends because of the functionality and convenience they offer.
To some extent, we can all agree that the fashion trends in 2023 had a role to play in 2024’s clothing trends. The Gen Z and millenials arguments on which generation has more influence on the 2024 fashion trends, can continue for as long as they can get, and regardless of where the odds fall, we just have to keep you posted. The above fashion trends will ensure generational peace whether you’re on the side of the Gen Zs or sticking with the millenials.