With time, everyone inevitably gets their place and has to face the struggles of choosing some pieces of furniture they never had to even think about before. Not to worry, because, in this article, we discuss the different features found on various beds to help you get the right fit.
This article will also discuss the aspect of comfort and space to help prepare you with the facts to help you. It always discards the notion of constantly buying the bigger bed since sometimes space might be a challenge.
You need to consider three major points when getting your first or an additional bed. These include:
- What walk-around space do you need to feel comfortable in bed?
- What are the markets most reliable and popular mattress sizes for couples, singles, or kids?
- How can you fit a bigger bed in a bedroom without necessarily cramping the space?
While the second point is subjective, you cannot ignore the first and third points since they are practical points of concern. The best space to leave around your bed could range from 2 to 3 feet, depending on the room’s layout. Leaving space is essential since most building doors swing into the bedroom. Changing sheets is also easier when there is some walk-around space.
In line with Business Insider, there are various that you could choose from today. It is always best to look through different sources and check their reviews. For instance, a company like John Lewis has dedicated itself to providing its clients with quality products. The bed types you can choose from include:
More decorative than divan bases, bed frames or bedsteads have static slats (for firm support) or sprung slats (more responsive) to support the mattress and give you space beneath the bed base.
A divan base supports the mattress and significantly affects your sleeping surface. Prestige beds are very well know for their great production.
Divan beds are platforms that support your mattress. These bases could affect your sleeping. There are three types of divan base beds that you can choose from including:
- Platform Edge- This bed features an upholstered top that has no springs. This aspect provides a firm surface to rest your mattress on. Here the mattress springs only compress, making them feel firmer.
- Sprung edge- this divan bed type is a pocket spring or open coil unit up to the edges. The base and mattress springs bear weight together, enhancing your mattress’s durability on this bed.
- True Edge- This bed type consists of a shallow pocket spring unit with a foam layer on the top. All of these components are then enclosed by a box frame. The design allows your mattress springs to compress and open freely to offer a softer feel than the solid-top base beds. Note that while you are replacing or buying your divan bed and mattress, you should do this simultaneously. Both units work together, and a difference will affect the performance and feel.
Storage beds are among the most space-efficient beds in the market for people that need to clear up space in their bedroom area. These beds feature a hydraulic or wheeler drawer’s base that might be lifted. It offers a perfect space to store beddings such as duvets and bed linen.
Apart from beddings and your clothes, these beds can also help fir in other scenarios where storage is needed. For example, you can have one in your guest bedroom to ensure that the room is stacked with guest kits like extra sheets and towels. You can also use the space to store your seasonal items. Season sweaters and decorations are rarely worn, and having them in your usual room will make a lot of clutter. Keeping them in an area until needed is helpful to maintain cleanliness and order in your space.
This type of bed is a must-have for almost everyone. Inflatable bed advantages are limitless for anyone conscious of their living area. While it might not be a great daily bed, these beds are convenient when you have friends or family over. The bed can be placed anywhere without much strain and put away when needed.
Like the inflatable beds, this is another flexible option when your living space is limited. Sofa beds work well when you don’t have another bed or bedroom in the house for your guest. Some are even designed to have drawers that increase your storage space. If you plan to use the sofa bed regularly once you purchase it, it is wise to go all out and buy a unit that will fully serve its purpose. These durable sofa beds are relatively expensive because of their built-in dual-purpose. Thus, buying one will only be a few bucks short of a superior quality mattress.
A bed will always be a substantial investment since it determines the quality of your sleep. Take your time and lie on several options you want to choose from before making the final purchase. It is necessary to lie on each bed in various positions while shifting to your natural sleeping position to decide.