Update your pool – It’s been on your to-do list for ages, but this is the year to get it done. Updating your pool will make it look better. However, there are many benefits to renovation beyond just breathing life into your old pool. You can improve the function and energy use, change the design, and so much more.
If you’re considering a swimming pool renovation, here are five great reasons to stop putting it off and update your pool as soon as possible.
- Energy Efficiency: An old pool comes with old equipment. Plus, if the pool itself isn’t up to par, it could be leaking or wasting resources in other ways. Renovating the pool is an all-around way to improve energy and water consumption.
- New Finish Materials: In the past, your pool design may have been limited by available materials that were mostly boring, like plaster or concrete. Today’s composite and aggregate finishes last longer and offer more visual appeal, making it worth the upgrade.
- Child-Friendly Improvements/Additions: When you have a pool and children, the pool needs to be able to work for them. At the very least, it needs to be kid-safe, but you can also add fun features or level off the deep end to create a swimming pool that the whole family can enjoy.
- Damage Repairs: If you have chips, cracks, or leaks anyway, it could benefit you more to renovate or refinish the pool than to make small, temporary repairs. It can cost more at first, but ultimately, it’s the best for the pool and your wallet in the long run.
- Money Savings: New pumps, covers, and other pool accessories are designed to be more energy-efficient and affordable than older equipment. Therefore, you can find a lot of different ways to save money when you renovate your pool. Even if you make essential upgrades, you’re still going to spend less, thanks to new technology.
The reasons to update your pool are nearly endless, but these are some of the biggest perks to keep in mind. If you’re still not sure whether a swimming pool renovation is right for you, talk with a pool expert.