I’ve always wanted to wear shorts with tights but I was never brave enough to try it. That is until I lost 18 pounds on the Dukan Diet this past summer… Now I feel like I can wear shorts without fearing everyone will look at my thighs in absolute horror!
I bought these lace shorts on eBay after seeing lots of outfit ideas with lace shorts on good ol’ Pinterest. (You’re following us on Pinterest, right?!) I paid less than $10 for them and they came from China, so by the time I got them, it was too cold to wear them without tights! Good thing I got brave enough to try wearing them with tights. I think the outfit turned out pretty cute and I got a LOT of compliments! Probably the most amount of compliments I’ve received on a single outfit in one day… At least in the last year anyway!
These black lace shorts have an elastic waist and they are super comfortable. I’m wearing them with teal tights, a fair isle vest I got at a local consignment store, one of my favorite XCVI tops that is way too big for me now and one of my favorite pair of platform boots in my closet – the Kork-Ease Avis.
What do ya think?!
- Shirt: XCVI Ruched Gray Top (see similar)
- Vest: Fair Isle Open Vest Cardigan (see similar)
- Tights: teal tights
- Shorts: black lace shorts
- Belt: Lands’ End Canvas Braided Leather Belt (see similar)
- Boots: Kork-Ease Avis Platform Boots (see similar)
Ideal for: hourglass, apple, slim/athletic body shapes
* Some of the items seen in this post were provided to us free of charge for the purpose of product testing and review. This does not effect our opinion of the products in any way. We only write about products we personally like and use, regardless of how they were acquired.