Let’s face it: it’s definitely challenging to get the perfect application for self-tanner, even for those of us who have used it year after year. Well, Au Courant’s Sue Horrell has offered some great tips to help you get the perfect application!
For the ultimate glow, you’ll need to practice these easy steps for an even, gorgeous bronze:
- Exfoliate from head to toe! “It’s best to exfoliate before you tan to ensure that your skin is smooth and even for a flawless application,” said Au Courant’s Sue Horrell. “Use our Ultra-Nourishing Face & Body Polish for a moisturizing exfoliation pre-tan.”
- For hard to place reaches, like your back, be sure to use Au Courant Sponge On A Stick to ensure that you’re covering all those hard to reach places – this convenient sponge makes applying cream to your back a breeze.
- To avoid streakiness, be sure to take your time and pay careful attention that you are thoroughly covering every inch of your body.
- For a deeper, longer lasting tan, use a layering technique. In order to do so, apply two or more coats of tanner on the same day or one day apart. There is no need to shower, exfoliate or moisturizer in between these double-sessions.
- For flawless facial coverage, use Au Courant Facial Flock Sponge.
- Do not shower for 24 hours in order to allow color to soak in and reach its peak.
- Post-tan be sure to keep moisturized. Try Au Courant’s Sunless Tanning Extender, designed to nourish, revitalize and hydrate the skin by incorporating a skin-soothing Aloe Vera Gel, this extender keeps your sunless tan looking fresh and radiant!
Available in mousse, gel, spray and lotion forms, Au Courant’s collection of sunless tanning products leave your skin radiant and beautiful. Check it out at AuCourant.com