Turning 40 is a big milestone, and it provides a great opportunity to celebrate in a special way. If you find yourself reading this, you’re probably looking for some inspiration – here are a few special ideas for ways to mark a 40th birthday and make it as special as possible, from 40th birthday gift ideas to whacky celebrations.
- A milestone party: One thing’s for sure – you’ve got to celebrate. Throw a big party to celebrate the person’s 40th birthday – invite friends and family to help celebrate this milestone occasion. You could opt for a traditional birthday party, a surprise party, a themed party, or a combination of all of those – the options are endless.
- A pampering experience: If the birthday person seems a little stressed out, then give the gift of a pampering experience, such as a massage or a general spa day. It’s a great way to help the person relax and unwind on their significant birthday, which is likely just what they need.
- A celebratory activity: Plan a whacky activity or event that marks this momentous birthday, such as a trip on a safari, a day out on a sledge being pulled by huskies, or an afternoon being flown around in a small plane.
- A milestone gift: Give a gift that marks this significant birthday, such as a special piece of jewellery, a watch or a framed piece of art. Whatever it is that you give, it’ll be something that they can use to remember the occasion for years and years to come.
- A milestone experience: Plan a special experience that you and their friends and family can all enjoy together. It could be a day out playing golf, or a wild swim in a beautiful remote lake – just pick something that’s memorable, that the birthday person will probably also enjoy.
- A memory book: If you want to create something sentimental that involves the whole community, then make a memory book filled with photos and messages from friends and family. It’s a great way to commemorate the person’s 40th birthday and their life so far, and will be sure to bring up loads of powerful memories.
- A 40th photo session: Finally, if you want to gift them the ability to create memories, then hire a professional photographer to take a series of special photographs that capture the person’s milestone 40th birthday. These photographs can be framed and displayed in the person’s home, or given out to friends, as a lasting reminder of this special occasion.
Turning 40 is a significant event, and there are many special ways to mark this occasion. A massive party, a pampering experience, a milestone gift, or a photo session are all great options that will be cherished for a long time. Remember that all that matters, in the end, is that you show the person how much they’re appreciated. Whether you throw a party or take them on an adventure, as long as you put thought and effort into the process, they’re sure to feel the love.