With a twelve-week-old baby, it’s a little early for me to make sweeping pronouncements re: my parenting style, but one thing I’m sure about. I’m a Minimalist Mama, which– generally speaking — means I avoid snatching up every piece of baby gear that floats my way. My anti-clutter-and-consumerism approach usually works out, but I’ve quickly learned that some baby products just make life easier.
So I was intrigued when Simple Wishes asked me to review their hands-free breastpumping bustier. Here’s the description and check out the photo for the skinny on how the “hands-free” part happens:
Simple Wishes is the versatile, practical and essential breastpump accessory that allows busy moms to take a few extra moments to focus on the many things that consume their day. Whether it is a couple minutes to check email, get ready, or even just take a moment to relax, Simple Wishes is functional, comfortable and affordable enough to become your new nursing must have!
A few extra moments? Sounds like GOLD. But does Simple Wishes really make a difference? Well– largely –yes, with a couple of caveats.
- As promised, it’s given me extra time. I have happily pumped hands-free for half an hour while wearing the bustier, using that time to catch up on my thank you notes. Once I get to the bottom of my thank you list, I would love to use that half hour to catch up on my trashy reading; Sookie Stackhouse is waiting, after all.
- It comes in two generous sizes (XS/S/M and L/XL/XXL), which makes the thorny issue of postpartum sizing less complicated. As your size changes, the bustier easily adjusts with you– as much as 10 inches around the ribcage.
- It’s pretty modest. So if someone walked in on you pumping, you wouldn’t be that embarrassed (especially considering that delivering your baby probably lowered your modesty threshold quite a bit).
The Less-than-Pro (They’re not significant enough to be actual Cons):
- It looks a bit intimidating. In order to achieve its sizing wizardry, the bustier is equipped with a detachable velcro insert and a zipper panel as well as optional straps. While this allows for great fit flexibility, it’s a bit confusing at first. Once you’ve got the bustier fitted to you, though, it’s pretty easy to use.
- The bustier didn’t feel particularly supportive. Yes, it was sufficient while I pumped, but I couldn’t wear it all day in place of my regular bra. Of course, if you could just wear it around, pumping would be even easier, and that might work for ladies with smaller bosoms. But who’s got small bosoms when they’re nursing?
All in all, though, I would recommend this to anyone who pumps a few times a week, and if you’re hoping to increase your pumping regimen, this might be the tool that helps you get there. At $39.00, it’s a reasonable purchase and well worth the extra minutes.
Visit SimpleWishes.com to learn more and purchase.
Fashionable Media Review Policy: The featured product was provided to me, at no cost, by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing and review. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by compensation, monetary or otherwise.