3 Bean Smokey Turkey Chili
- 1 lb fresh ground turkey
- 1/2 lb dry pinto beans
- 1/2 lb dry black beans
- 1/2 lb dry navy beans
- 1 large onion
- 2 fresh medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 fresh yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 4 fresh cayenne peppers, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp McCormick Oregano
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Cumin
- 1 Tsp McCormick Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp McCormick Cilantro Leaves
- 4 Tbsp McCormick Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp McCormick Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp McCormick Black Pepper
- 2 12oz. cans of turkey or chicken broth
- 1 12oz. can of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
Soak the beans overnight in salted water.
Saute turkey in pot, add chopped onions and sweat them with the turkey. While hot, add a small portion of the turkey or chicken broth to mixture to deglaze the pot being sure to bring up everything that might be stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and remaining chicken broth, making sure there is enough liquid to cover all ingredients. (Add additional water or brother if necessary.) Stir frequently and bring to a boil, then simmer for 3-4 hours or until beans are tender and desired texture is achieved.
Check out other Mexican Recipes at McCormick.com