Eyebrow grooming is absolutely crucial to your overall look. Eyebrows frame and balance the face, so if yours are unkempt and unruly, you need to fix them NOW!
Most people think their brows aren’t important… but believe me, bangs don’t hide a unibrow! With the right tools, it only takes a few minutes a month to keep your eyebrows groomed and shaped to perfection.
1. Consider Getting Your Eyebrows Waxed.
- The easiest way to keep your eyebrows in check are to go to a salon and get them waxed. It only costs about $15 and only takes about 15 minutes every 4 weeks. In between visit you can can pluck any stray hairs that pop up, but the majority of the hair removal and shaping can be left up to someone you trust. Best to get a referral from a friend with fabulous eyebrows.
2. Style Your Eyebrows
- Eyebrows need makeup just as much as your eyelashes, eyelids, and the rest of your face. Use a small eyebrow brush to aim the hairs up. You want to create on clean line and don’t want any hairs to hang down below your arch. If you have stray curly eyebrow hairs that just won’t behave, use a light coat of clear mascara to hold them in place. I recommend using Jane Iredale PureBrow Fix & Mascara that has clear coat for brows on one end and clear mascara for lashes on the other end. It’s the perfect duo!
3. Beautify Your Eyebrows
- Fill in sparse eyebrows with powder and an angled eyebrow brush. Pencils can create too harsh of a line and make your eyebrows look drawn on, which is NOT a good look! Choose a matte shade that is one shade lighter than your brows (unless they’re blonde – then use one shade darker.) Consider getting a great eyebrow grooming kit like Jane Iredale’s Eyebrow Kit.
4. Don’t Color Your Eyebrows!
- Do not attempt to change the color of your eyebrows at home! At home hair coloring kits are made for the hairs on your head and you pose a serious risk to attempt to get such nasty chemicals near your eyeballs! Instead, go the safe route and use a brow tinting gel like Jane Iredale PureBrow Tinted Gel. It comes in 4 different shades; clear, blonde, auburn and brunette.
For more tips, check out janeiredale.com