I snagged an exclusive interview with designer, Andrew Christian!
He’s super hot and the fashion god of underwear. This guy designs the sexiest men underwear on the planet. I am so glad that he took the time to answer a few of my questions.
1. Why underwear? What made you decide to design underwear?
- Why not underwear, I mean I want people to be comfortable in all situations and that includes being relaxed at home. Underwear is all about fantasy and I can let my creativity run wild, it is so much fun. I like to think that I am making it okay for underwear to be outerwear now.
2. Do you think your underwear caters to just young men or can middle aged husbands benefit from your sexy underwear as well?
- That’s what is so great about my underwear, I make so many different styles and fits and designs so that it does cater to the widest range of people as possible. All women want their men to look sexy and cheap baggy underwear is not sexy and that’s where Andrew Christian comes in. Middle aged husbands may not want to wear my Football, Flashback butt-lifter or Police boxer but they would love the Lifeguard series or the Almost Naked series made from super soft bamboo fiber.
3. Do you think you’ll offer more styles for women in the future?
- Of course, my women’s line from last year is on it’s last run and then we will begin designing and creating the new women’s underwear line, which probably won’t launch until next year as I want to take my time with it and not rush it. I do have a butt-lifting underwear for women called “WonderWear” which is my most popular item currently with women. I also have a women’s wear line in the works; I just gave a sneak preview of it at my LA Fashion Week fashion show last week.
4. Who is your target demographic with the men’s underwear? College aged men? Business men? Models?!
- My main target is men 18-35, like I said I design my underwear line to appeal to as many people as possible, therefore everyone can find something they will love to wear. Those who want to be fashionable can wear the “Flashback” or the “Show-It” lines, those who are a bit more conservative can wear my Basic Series, which will be available as an online exclusively at andrewchristian.com or my Almost Naked series which is made from the softest fabric out there – Bamboo. I am coming out with a line of underwear for the physically active called “Dry and Naked” which helps wick moisture off the body while working out. One of my main goals was to NOT exclude any demographic of men from my line, I want there to be something for everyone.