Minimal/nude makeup or the “no-makeup” makeup is a popular beauty trend that emphasizes your natural beauty rather than displaying all the cosmetic products that you have at home. While it does help you practice some new beauty skills, it also encourages you to focus more on skincare, while spending less money on beauty products in order to look fresh. Let’s see how to create natural nude makeup easily with these tips, tricks, and advice!
1. The Natural “No Makeup” Look Starts with the Right Products but Does not End There
When trying to achieve natural nude makeup, choosing the right products is the first thing to do. The usual “no makeup” makeup kit contains moisturizer, concealer, highlighter, blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick or lip-gloss. The trick is to use them in quantities as small as possible. The critical rule of the nude makeup look is to keep things simple, clean, and as natural as possible. You do not want foundation and powder caking on your face, nor your mascara flowing in rivers at the end of the day.
When it comes to choosing the best products for your nude makeup, here are some more tips and tricks you should consider integrating into your routine!
1. If your skin is pale pink or peachy shades of blush, lipstick, or eyeshadow will contribute to your alabaster beauty;
2. Olive skin undertones work best with nuances of beige or cream; you could also try some discrete hues of orange for an outstanding look for your eyes;
3. Since we are talking about minimalist makeup and saving some money on cosmetics, use a tinted moisturizer with SPF protection. It blends in with your skin tone, helps your face glow naturally, and saves you the trouble/budget of using both foundation and blush;
4. With the “No-Makeup” Makeup look, your lipstick is the best ally you have to preserve your natural look for the entire day. Choose a long lasting matte lipstick that matches your skin tone and your outfit. When it comes to lipstick in the nude color range, experts recommend you use light shades of pink and peach for the summer or darker autumnal tints for the fall.
5. In case you love your nude eyeshadow in summer hues, you can use it as both eyeshadow and blush for your cheeks. Just make sure you’re cutting corners only when you use eyeshadow in rose, pink, reds, oranges, and other nude nuances.
6. Invest in a high-quality eyelash curler to replace the mascara altogether. For your brows, a clear gel will suffice if you want to keep the nude look at its most minimalist level.
2. Groom Well and Invest in Yourself
The easiest way to achieve the popular “no makeup” natural look is to enhance your natural beauty. Let’s see some skincare routines that will help you rock your future minimalist makeup with no effort!
- Engage in an exfoliation/cleansing/toning routine every day. Since you will not use excessive quantities of makeup to hide the flaws, this is the best time to manage them with the proper care. The removal of oily deposits, black spots, dead skin, and impurities will help you with your health and beauty.
- Drink more water. Science already proved that hydrated skin was gorgeous skin, and celebrities confirm it. A hydration protocol allows you to achieve the most minimal of makeup routines and look like a princess.
- Embrace a healthy lifestyle and diet. Consider the introduction of healthy foods for your skin in your diet. Also, try to exercise more, sleep well, and quit smoking (or smoke fewer cigarettes if you can).
If you wonder what the connection is between “No-Makeup” Makeup and embracing a lifestyle and grooming changes, think about it this way: minimalist makeup boosts your natural features and does not hide them. But what are you going to do with those dark circles under your eyes or the fine lines? Stop and take stock for a moment. You can hide those dark circles under a ton of concealer, but isn’t it better to not have them at all?
3. Build Your “No Makeup” Makeup Kit around the Zero Waste Concept
Most women hoard makeup products, stashing them up in bathrooms and cabinets. If you were to collect all these items, you would probably fill in a few massive roller bags. The “no makeup” makeup trend follows the rules of the Zero Waste paradigm, as it should temper your hoarding temptations. As you only hold on to a couple of makeup products – make them fit in a traveling kit – you will spend less, have less waste, and more space in your home.
If you want to start a consistent “No-Makeup” Makeup routine, start with products and brands mindful about their ingredients and packaging.
Finding the right lipstick or highlighter for your nude makeup look isn’t difficult. However, minimalism in beauty is more than just products and skills. If environmental issues are also of interest to you, embrace your new nude makeup look knowing that you’re also reducing waste of materials and energy with your life choices!