I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother’s Day last weekend! I could sit here and write a story about how I had a lovely day, but that would be so cliche… No, instead I’ll tell you what REALLY happened!
I didn’t awake to breakfast in bed. Nobody gave me any flowers. Hell, I didn’t even get a card! Did I get five minutes to myself? No way. I spent the day working on my kitchen renovation after only 4 hours of sleep. Mudding, sanding, scraping, painting, with my mom at my side helping me.
Not a picture perfect Mother’s Day, but I did get to spend it with my mom, which I should be thankful for. And I am. Sometimes I do get jealous when I hear about all the other moms that get showered with gifts. Or just get to take a shower by themselves that is more than 213 seconds long…
Even though I don’t get treated like a queen at home, I still try to impress my family.
5 Ways I Impress My Family
1. I make dinner. Yup, that’s pretty impressive. I could call in takeout or delivery… Just sayin’.
2. I keep the house clean… for the most part. You probably can’t eat off my floors or lick my counter tops at any given moment, but I do my best to chase my two kids and clean up behind them while attempting to catch up on regular household chores.
3. I work from home. It’s an amazing feat to be able to run a business as big as mine AND keep the house clean AND raise two children under four years old AND be married to someone who travels for work all the time AND not completely and totally lose my mind. Yeah, that’s pretty freaking impressive.
4. Taking care of a TWO very high needs, high maintenance, high energy, in-need-of-constant-stimulation-and-attention kids. I know most moms think they have it rough and are probably overwhelmed from time to time, but my kids are INSANE!
5. Being married to someone with Aspergers. (High Functioning Autism) It’s a rough job but somebody’s gotta do it…
And once in a while, when I am not totally crazy and completely worn out, I manage to bake something special for my family. And when I don’t, we have cookies. Everyone always loves them so it’s a win win!
I just found out about Oreo Fudge Cremes and I’m looking forward to picking up a box the next time I’m at the grocery store… They sound yummy!
There’s Oreo creme under that fudge! Oreo Fudge Cremes are a thin, fudge covered cookie with an Oreo creme twist. Try them in Original, Mint and now Peanut Butter Creme and Golden! Visit https://bit.ly/iSrZvp for more info.
So how do you impress your family with all your supermom moves?
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Oreo Fudge Cremes via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Oreo Fudge Cremes.