Deep in the States rests a unique city that rocks a combination of nightlife, great dining, mesmerizing nature, and equally beautiful people—Miami. Being one of the most glamorous cities in the entire world, Miami doesn’t just represent a single city. It’s a reflection of destinations from around the world.
Though the mix of languages will grab your attention, the luxury is what will catch you off guard. The relocated cultures, accommodations, and spas will all let you experience the taste of finer things in life. And this refinement becomes especially true during a particular week—the Miami Fashion Week.
What Is Miami Fashion Week?
Miami Fashion Week is an annual fashion week held in the magical city of Miami, Florida. The event aims to promote the fashion industry in Miami, placing the city as a high-quality fashion hub in the world. This year’s event will be held May 27–31, 2020 at Ice Palace Films Studios.
The Miami Fashion Week began in 1998 and is held during the spring every year. It is the most significant fashion week for the Caribbean and Latin American fashion designers. As one of the longest-running fashion weeks in the region, the event has grown beyond their resort wear specialty to feature more designs in the menswear, evening wear, and intimate wear departments.
The Miami Fashion Week is peppered with additional events such as the Miami Fashion Week Summit that will introduce the event’s partners, and feature sessions conducted by industry experts. Tickets vary depending on which events you’d like to attend.
Other Can’t-Miss Sights
Towards the beginning of the summer is the best time to visit Miami to enjoy the best things to do. Spending some quality time on the beaches is essential to life. However, the next thing you should do after lounging on the beaches is head to the Art Deco District.
The city features beautifully restored buildings that holds a hint of 1930s nostalgia. The pastel-colored buildings are great places to stop and enjoy Miami’s booming culinary scene. The area comes to life after dark with its neon signs and canopy-covered dining areas.
On the other hand, if going on a real safari is what you are looking at, the Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens will serve your purpose ably. The place provides animals with a habitat close to their natural setting and offers tourists the chance to enjoy rare or endangered wildlife in a cage-free environment.
If you’re up for more learning and discovery, don’t forget about Philip And Patricia Frost Museum of Science. With refreshing themes and displays, the museum is an immersive experience for people who love science.
Where to Stay
When you are in Miami for the fashion week events, your trip will prove to be quite busy. Even if you want to see everything and party all night, you have to find time to rest to make the most of your trip.
Whether you plan to go hard a few hours each night or for your entire day, Miami features some of the most luxurious yet budget-friendly hotels to relax in. With so many hotels to choose from, the best way to figure out the best hotel for you is to look at the things that are the most important to you, whether that means proximity to nightlife or hotels with free shuttle to Miami International Airport.
Two of our picks for a nice hotel stay include:
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-East:
- Large meeting and event space for gatherings
- Easy access to popular locations in the area such as Brickell City Center, Coral Gables, etc.
- Miami beaches that are just a short drive away
- Free airport transportation
- Guestrooms featuring a private bathroom and en suite safe
- Parking and free internet
- Fitness center/ workout room
- Exclusive members-only offers
- And, everything else you’d expect from a five-star hotel
Miami Four Seasons Hotel:
- Impeccable service with a tropical, palm tree-lined twist
- Two-acre main pool area and a pool deck that rests on the seventh floor
- Gorgeous water views and free Wi-Fi
- Spacious, modern rooms featuring luxurious bathrooms
- A full-service spa and outdoor pool with cabanas
- Pet-friendly attitude
- Fitness classes for yoga and biking
- And everything else you’d expect from a five-star hotel
Can’t Live on Fun Alone
Next comes filling your tummy with delicious cuisines during your time out in the city.
Miami is one of the best cities in the world for foodies. So, there is never a chance that you will ever stay hungry during your time in the city. Here are our top picks:
- The Surf Club Restaurant – An American cuisine; try the Caesar salad, roast chicken, and ice cream sundae.
- Taquiza – From tacos to handmade tortillas, this restaurant will leave you craving for more.
- Phuc Yea – A unique spot to grab Vietnamese food with a Cajun twist.
- Itamae – A curated selection of Japanese-Peruvian classics.
- Zak The Baker – The famous baker in town for signature breads.
Pack Your Fanny Pack and Get Ready to Explore
Miami is a welcoming city that offers a lot many magical experiences to visitors. So, if you are looking for dope things to do, Miami is a city you must visit. Get your suitcase packed, and head over to Miami to eat, drink, stay, and witness little wonders of the city.