High Definition Highlighting Mascara
MAX Factor Vivid Impact Highlighting Mascara — a double-ended mascara that highlights the lashes and draws closer attention to a woman’s eyes. The defining basecoat lengthens lashes and adds volume, while the highlighting topcoat adds depth and a hint of color.
MAX Factor Celebrity Makeup Artist Jake Bailey (pictured to the right here) roster of clients include Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba, Kyra Sedgwick and Amy Adams – provided the following application and wearability tips that we hope will aid in your trial of the product. Since this is a more specialized product you may prefer this mascara for the holidays or a special night out rather than as an everyday staple product.
I tried out shade “Burning Bordeux” and I think this new mascara is brilliant. Not really for everyday use, but definitely for special occasions! It’s easy to apply and there are different shades to choose from, so you can find the one that’s right for you.
· Step One: Apply the basecoat from the very base of the top lashes to the tip, working the wand outwards.
· Step Two: Wait for the basecoat to dry (Note: if you don’t wait for it to dry the highlighting top coat won’t show up as vivid and will blend with the basecoat as opposed to highlighting lashes)
· Step Three A: Apply the top coat on the very tips of the top lashes and on the bottom lashes to create a highlighted look with a shot of color.
· Step Three B: Apply a few coats of top coat from base to tip on lower and upper lashes for a lot of color
· Step Three C: Apply topcoat on lower lashes only to create a multi-dimensional lash look.
· For green or hazel eyes – try Burning Bordeux shade to make the color of eyes pop
· For blue eyes – Try 24 Karat Brown to make Blue eyes pop and add a light, gold tint to lashes (need to emphasizes gold lightens lashes)
(Click on image to see detail)
· For brown eyes- All shades work, especially the black and pink combo to make eyes pop
· For all – The most versatile is the black/silver combination when applied correctly above