Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Chill: 1 hour
Bake: 10 minutes
Rating: 5 stars
* Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie (see Recipe Center)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
* 1/4 cup frozen egg product, thawed
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 medium peeled peaches or nectarines, thinly sliced
* 2 plums, thinly sliced
* 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
* 1/4 cup blueberries or blackberries
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 tablespoon rum or orange juice
1. Prepare Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie, except on a lightly floured surface, flatten the ball of dough with hands. Roll dough from center to the edges forming a circle about 13 inches in diameter. Ease pastry into an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom, being careful not to stretch the pastry. Trim even with edge of pan. Prick pastry generously with the tines of a fork. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
2. For filling, in a heavy medium saucepan stir together the sugar and cornstarch; stir in the evaporated skim milk and egg product. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly (about 1 hour) .
3. Spread cooled filling in baked tart shell. Arrange peaches, plums, and kiwi in concentric circles atop filling. Add berries to the center and randomly sprinkle any extra berries over the top. In a small bowl combine honey and rum or orange juice. Brush fruit with honey mixture. Cover and chill up to 1 hour. Before serving, remove sides of pan. Makes 10 servings.
If you make it, leave a comment and let me know!!